Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
On a brilliant run of gigs at the moment. An intimate gentle whimsical night with Gruff Rhys on Saturday and last night it was the polar opposite with loud Irish noise rockers/artists Girl Band. Tonight I’m back at the same venue for the light psychedelic pop of Weyes Blood.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Next up. Clock Opera at The Lexington on Saturday night. This one always gets my blood pumping. Drumming like gunfire by the end.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Apologies for replying to my own post, but it makes sense to do so. Boy Harsher were amazing. But....to rub salt in Mrs' T's chagrin (if you'll pardon the expression) at not being able to join me, the support was another of our faves, Hante! Pronounced 'aunt'. And I got to have a brief exchange of pleasantries after her set.

The people in this vid are actors, btw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9SX-7QZsKk

Off to see these lovelies tomorrow night at the Scala at King's Cross. Should be fun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4_f6fTk4jU

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Just back from seeing Steve Hackett at the Brighton Dome, Totally progtastic. Fantastic!

Yep, myself, brother in law and another Albion fan went and it was truly bloody magnificent. If you are a genesis fan, he played all of Selling England by the Pound, and also spectral mornings. As well as possibly one of the best genesis tracks that was never added to any album, Dejavu. Written by Gabriel, but missed off the final cut of SEBTP.

Seen genesis twice and Phil Collins once, Steve Hackett 3 times and mike and the mechanics twice...this is up there as one of the very best.

9C21FE3F-2E03-4C3F-9D0D-B6AC4698D6AD.jpeg

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Yep, myself, brother in law and another Albion fan went and it was truly bloody magnificent. If you are a genesis fan, he played all of Selling England by the Pound, and also spectral mornings. As well as possibly one of the best genesis tracks that was never added to any album, Dejavu. Written by Gabriel, but missed off the final cut of SEBTP.

Seen genesis twice and Phil Collins once, Steve Hackett 3 times and mike and the mechanics twice...this is up there as one of the very best.

View attachment 117101

Genesis are my all time favourite band, I like all incarnations.

To hear SEBTP played in full and in the order the songs are on the Album, just blew me away. Truly fantastic. Then to top it off and play “Dance on a Volcano” just Wow. I have also seen Phil Collins, Mike and the Mechanics and Genesis a few times but the older songs don’t get played in full.

Glad you enjoyed it as well.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Off to see Jools Holland at the Royal Albert Hall on Sat, with Eddi Reader, former Fairground Attraction vocalist.
Support act Emma Hatton.
Looking forward to this :)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Just back from Steve Hackett at Portsmouth Guildhall.

Bloody brilliant for a tribute band.

That has been thrown at them at times and I don’t subscribe to that. They are a incarnation of as they were. You wouldn’t call a Phil Collins concert as a genesis tribute band, or graham gouldman’s 10cc a tribute band as godley and creme are not in there.

Personally I just enjoy it as it is ...a bloody fantastic night from a former member who keeps the music of the band going when we will never see the original line up play together again!

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Did anyone else see the magnificent Dat Brass at The Brunswick tonight? 3 trumpeters, 2 saxophonists, 2 trombone players, 2 drummers, a euphonium player, a scratching DJ and a rapper. Horny hip hop, absolutely joyous.

I first saw them at the Funk and Soul Weekender in May. They were brilliant then and even better tonight. As a live music experience they are hard to beat.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
IMG-20191116-WA0007.jpeg
Great night, great music.
As well as the great Jools Holland and his band, there was brilliant sounds from Ruby Turner, Jessie Ware and Edi Reader.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Just in from Islington Assembly Hall, where Gong were the support band, and then became the Steve Hillage Band for the headline, with Steve and Miquette

Great to hear Hillage's 70s output with a larger band than back then A new depth to the songs.

A fun evening of psychedlic and prog rock

20191116_210914 (2).jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here