Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

Jul 7, 2003
One for the metalheads - Anvil are playing Green Door Store on 18th Feb. Looks like support is from U.D.O.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Sun Ra Arkestra return to Lewes Con Club on Sun 1 April. One of my gigs of the year last year. Only one date announced so far but fingers crossed others are added soon.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Public Service Broadcasting are supported by Jane Weaver at The Dome. Makes the £28 ticket look good value.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Sun Ra Arkestra return to Lewes Con Club on Sun 1 April. One of my gigs of the year last year. Only one date announced so far but fingers crossed others are added soon.

My, this thread has taken a bit of a back seat. I'm a bit torn about Sun Ra, loved them last year for my first time, but I don't know if I want to do it again so soon, and might spoil that memory; also, Jeffrey Lewis is playing on the same night, and they might start announcing additional nights, as they did last year. That said, they've got such a back catalogue that I'd imagine their sets are always pretty varied. Decisions, decisions.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
My, this thread has taken a bit of a back seat. I'm a bit torn about Sun Ra, loved them last year for my first time, but I don't know if I want to do it again so soon, and might spoil that memory; also, Jeffrey Lewis is playing on the same night, and they might start announcing additional nights, as they did last year. That said, they've got such a back catalogue that I'd imagine their sets are always pretty varied. Decisions, decisions.

You’d like to think with a back catalogue rumoured to be in excess of 300 albums that they’ll have a different set. :rock:
I wonder if the promoters have other dates lined up for Lewes if tickets run as quickly as last year.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I have bagged a ticket to see David Byrne in Manchester in June. One of my biggest regrets is not seeing Talking Heads live so this will be the next best thing.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I have bagged a ticket to see David Byrne in Manchester in June. One of my biggest regrets is not seeing Talking Heads live so this will be the next best thing.

Was hoping for a local venue when I found out he was doing a few uk dates.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Saw 'The Weather Station' last night at Latest.
Can't imagine they'll be playing there again should they return.
Excellent.
I'd strongly recommend them to anyone going to the End of the Road festival.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Saw Hot Snakes at Sticky Mikes last night. Oh my. What a live band, and oh so lucky to see them in a venue like that. I hope others on here made it along too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here