Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Got talking to someone today about the brilliance of Portishead and was reminded, how much I loved this broadcast from the Glastonbury Other Stage a few years back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgzcFZhLxXo

Was anyone there?
Has anyone got any favourite live sets available on YT?

Yeah. It was a much more exciting past life and I got a comp for Glastonbury that weekend. Had to get back as I'd promised, foolishly, to cover Glyndebourne the following day, but went for one night just to see Portishead. Spectacular gig. Struck me how Beth just rolled on in a hoodie/raincoat, looking like she was having a yoga session or something. Went to France to see them the following year, would be smashing to see them again but I imagine if they toured the prices would be prohibitive.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Struck me how Beth just rolled on in a hoodie/raincoat, looking like she was having a yoga session or something.

Exactly and then she opens her mouth and 'it's' there. Whatever 'it' is. Awesome set, the 'hits' are evenly spaced out and when they come are full on sing-alongs, the playing is unobtrusive and impeccable.

Went to France to see them the following year, would be smashing to see them again but I imagine if they toured the prices would be prohibitive.

Hopefully they do another record and tour. They strike me as a band with principles, I don't see them charging more than say Radiohead.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Pre sale for Future Islands at the Dome (April 30th) through Resident tomorrow at 9am. General sale Wednesday.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Oathbreaker Saturday, Sabbath Sunday and I have just booked Kreator for the Forum in March. I may be on the look out for a quieter gig to go to now I think.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Forgot to post that Martha Wainwright was really rather special last week (Komedia).
She played most of the new album. What a voice.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Oathbreaker Saturday, Sabbath Sunday and I have just booked Kreator for the Forum in March. I may be on the look out for a quieter gig to go to now I think.

That may be wise. I can no longer do Oathbreaker - enjoy!

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
.....and when I woke up I made my breakfast and listened to The Blue Aeroplanes.

....who were absolutely superb

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Bit groggy today after a great evening at The Forum. We were sitting in the balcony for Hookworms and the whole area was vibrating to the noise. Decided they were our favourites for the evening. Tiger Club I did not really get but good luck to them- and their from Brighton. Not been able to see Girl Band live before- despite having tickets. They did not disappoint and a creditable late addition to the line up Future Of The Left do what they always do and I just love them for it. Ended the set with ( in McLusky tradition) Lightsabre Cocksucking Blues. Then onto The Fall. M E Smith clearly enjoying himself. Quite a few new tracks from the soon to be released album. Only complaint was the cost of beer and no readmission into the venue.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Bit groggy today after a great evening at The Forum. We were sitting in the balcony for Hookworms and the whole area was vibrating to the noise. Decided they were our favourites for the evening. Tiger Club I did not really get but good luck to them- and their from Brighton. Not been able to see Girl Band live before- despite having tickets. They did not disappoint and a creditable late addition to the line up Future Of The Left do what they always do and I just love them for it. Ended the set with ( in McLusky tradition) Lightsabre Cocksucking Blues. Then onto The Fall. M E Smith clearly enjoying himself. Quite a few new tracks from the soon to be released album. Only complaint was the cost of beer and no readmission into the venue.
Thought Hookworms and Girl Band were absolutely superb. Two of the finest young guitar bands around at the moment. FOTL played almost the set of my dreams but it would have been nice to hear a guitar.

The Fall were the worst I've seen them in years, although I thought they were noticeable better on two of the new ones.

Venue wasn't sold out so everything was pretty easy, though 5.50 for a bottle of Speckled Hen was a shock.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Thought Hookworms and Girl Band were absolutely superb. Two of the finest young guitar bands around at the moment. FOTL played almost the set of my dreams but it would have been nice to hear a guitar.

The Fall were the worst I've seen them in years, although I thought they were noticeable better on two of the new ones.

Venue wasn't sold out so everything was pretty easy, though 5.50 for a bottle of Speckled Hen was a shock.

Had you gone for London Pride it was £6.50!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Just to clarify: have you got inside knowledge/a link to timings on Carla Dal Forno gig? And where's the nearest pub showing Hudds vs Albion?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here