Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Little Genius

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
I'm amazed this guy is so highly-rated. Took a side who finished 11th the previous season to ... 11th, 8th and 8th. Got a side relegated. Lost 7 consecutive matches without scoring a goal. Yes, he won the equivalent of the League 1 cup, and won the equivalent of the Charity Shield with his second-placed team beating the first-placed team. He's hardly pulled up any trees.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I'm amazed this guy is so highly-rated. Took a side who finished 11th the previous season to ... 11th, 8th and 8th. Got a side relegated. Lost 7 consecutive matches without scoring a goal. Yes, he won the equivalent of the League 1 cup, and won the equivalent of the Charity Shield with his second-placed team beating the first-placed team. He's hardly pulled up any trees.

Nothing like a bit of positivity

Sent from my S61 using Tapatalk

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading

Maybe because he achieved the things he did against the odds making teams better then the sum of their parts. League positions does not tell you everything about a manager.

Take Pottor for example, if he had the first two season with Manchester United instead of us and they finished in the positions we did, do you think he would be so highly rated?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Maybe because he achieved the things he did against the odds making teams better then the sum of their parts. League positions does not tell you everything about a manager.

Take Pottor for example, if he had the first two season with Manchester United instead of us and they finished in the positions we did, do you think he would be so highly rated?

If he hadn't had a good last half of last season, there was a growing number of fans who wanted GP gone in the run up to Xmas. He had, position wise, two very ordinary seasons prior to that when the final position wasn't much better than CH managed. Stats like that don't tell you the quality of the football though.

Gonna be interesting reading NSC if De Zerbi takes more than about 5 games to start producing later Potteresque results too, especially if we start shipping goals which it seems his team do.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
€150m worth of players sales must of had TB’s spider senses twitching. A good window for us these days is how much some mug has overpaid us for our players.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011

:ffsparr:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
If he hadn't had a good last half of last season, there was a growing number of fans who wanted GP gone in the run up to Xmas. He had, position wise, two very ordinary seasons prior to that when the final position wasn't much better than CH managed. Stats like that don't tell you the quality of the football though.

Gonna be interesting reading NSC if De Zerbi takes more than about 5 games to start producing later Potteresque results too, especially if we start shipping goals which it seems his team do.
It got better for Potter when he dropped Maupay and realised how good Caceido was. Before that we were headed for another similar season to his last couple. Interestingly he went back to an old Potter formation against Fulham and got well beaten.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
'De Zerbi would be delighted by comparisons to Guardiola, and Bacary Sagna has said he sees similarities. The right-back played under Guardiola at City before he joined De Zerbi’s Benevento in 2017. “Pep and De Zerbi’s training sessions are not so different: they ask for same kind of things,” he said. “I’m sure De Zerbi will join a top club very soon.”'

Was that quote before or after he joined Brighton? Odd/insulting if the latter!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Thank you for providing a counter argument, it’s always interesting to get an alternative view.

I think he’ll fit our club well, it may not happen overnight but I’m hopeful.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If he really is the little genius, and is so highly rated, then how come most of us had never heard of him until he rocked up at the Albion?

Still who cares, just as long as he keeps winning games of football.

I had never heard of Potter....

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
5' 10" is the average height, so l'm told.

Yes, partly because you have a lot of immgrants and descendants from places (such as Pakistan) where the average height is quite small, and that thing impacts average height. If you look at the average white west-European man, Robertos 175 cm is going to be quite short.

That said, for an Italian it is normal. There's a strong connection between average height and whether your from a group of people originating from warm (shorter) or cold (taller) places.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here