Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Lions Tour

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I had a tenner at 9/2 silly big odds for that game

...Yes i agree...We are 9/2 next week and they are 6 to 1 on.....i'll pass ... did put a few quid on a series win at 16/1 before this game as well as the 5/1 match win ...as i'm in profit i'll sit back and just watch

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
A great series and all to play for in the decider - this is top class sport at its best.

We know the All Blacks will come back strong next week, but I thought the Lions supporters today were noisy and effective, we'll need them to be even louder next week.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
A great series and all to play for in the decider - this is top class sport at its best.

We know the All Blacks will come back strong next week, but I thought the Lions supporters today were noisy and effective, we'll need them to be even louder next week.

Good points,and the beauty is we are expected to lose. Now i like that position as all the hype is on NZ.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

Lets be honest, were it not for an atrocious kicking performance from NZ they'd have embarrassed us with 14 men. We'll get smashed next week.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Lets be honest, were it not for an atrocious kicking performance from NZ they'd have embarrassed us with 14 men. We'll get smashed next week.

I tend to agree, however the point raised in the post above yours is valid. There will be huge pressure on the ABs to win next week. How they deal with that is critical.

I'm not sure that they do 'self doubt' but if they do, and the Lions hang in there, then just maybe...

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
All the All Blacks did was punch holes through our vulnerable defensive midfield. They didn't want to play anything close to an expansive game. Maybe next week with 15 they'll try but if we get ball in their 22 we are every bit as good as them. We had chances in the first test but spurned them in their quarter. Of course they are favourites but I wouldn't write off the Lions.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton

Really not sure about that.

I think we had a game plan.

Gatland gambled that the positive of the inclusion of Farrell and Sexton, the inventiveness in attack, would outweigh the exclusion of Teo at 12 in defence.

I think it was working until the sending off because we were on top . After the sending off the ABs played a spoiling tactic game which we just didn't adapt to and it exposed out weakness at 12 in defence. We just couldn't get out of our half to play to our strengths. When we did, we were very effective and won the game because of it.

How many times in the game did the ABs look like scoring a try? None, even when they had 15v15 or 14v14.

I think he'll play the same team next week and it will be us trying to outscore with tries the amount of points they gain from running at the 10/12 channel. Knowing the way Gatland coaches a side, I'm hoping we'll be even better this Saturday than last week and hopefully got enough to win. Either way it will be epic!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
All the All Blacks did was punch holes through our vulnerable defensive midfield. They didn't want to play anything close to an expansive game. Maybe next week with 15 they'll try but if we get ball in their 22 we are every bit as good as them. We had chances in the first test but spurned them in their quarter. Of course they are favourites but I wouldn't write off the Lions.

The wet conditions obliterated any chance of passing, running rugby.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

But maybe not such a good idea to have come home :D

.....and its been well worth watching...lets remember the first game....if we had taken our chances maybe it wouldn't have been a 30/15 loss..we won on Saturday but its this coming one that counts...

and yes i think next week the AB'S will win...but i'll still be in front of the box with hope ..at least for the first few mins :D

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Really not sure about that.

I think we had a game plan.

Gatland gambled that the positive of the inclusion of Farrell and Sexton, the inventiveness in attack, would outweigh the exclusion of Teo at 12 in defence.

I think it was working until the sending off because we were on top . After the sending off the ABs played a spoiling tactic game which we just didn't adapt to and it exposed out weakness at 12 in defence. We just couldn't get out of our half to play to our strengths. When we did, we were very effective and won the game because of it.

How many times in the game did the ABs look like scoring a try? None, even when they had 15v15 or 14v14.

I think he'll play the same team next week and it will be us trying to outscore with tries the amount of points they gain from running at the 10/12 channel. Knowing the way Gatland coaches a side, I'm hoping we'll be even better this Saturday than last week and hopefully got enough to win. Either way it will be epic!

I think Vunipola and AWJ's are the 2 in most doubt for the first 15

el punal

I tend to agree, however the point raised in the post above yours is valid. There will be huge pressure on the ABs to win next week. How they deal with that is critical.

I'm not sure that they do 'self doubt' but if they do, and the Lions hang in there, then just maybe...

I took a look at the New Zealand Herald site and it threw up some interesting points. The gist of it was that some of the current All Black side are not performing and should be replaced, Sonny Bill Williamson is (was) a liability, Steve Hanson may be struggling to get the best out of his team. Overall quite a critical analysis on the team and the selection. Having said that they were quite complimentary about the Lions performance and praised the Lions "Red Army" of fans for the amazing support. Best of all was that the third test is now decisive rather than a dead rubber.

My thoughts? I feel the All Blacks will come out to prove a point and should win. The Lions, however, have had a real confidence booster with that win. If they don't give away silly penalties and, at last, start to finish off moves with tries, then I feel that they're in with a shout.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I took a look at the New Zealand Herald site and it threw up some interesting points. The gist of it was that some of the current All Black side are not performing and should be replaced, Sonny Bill Williamson is (was) a liability, Steve Hanson may be struggling to get the best out of his team. Overall quite a critical analysis on the team and the selection. Having said that they were quite complimentary about the Lions performance and praised the Lions "Red Army" of fans for the amazing support. Best of all was that the third test is now decisive rather than a dead rubber.

My thoughts? I feel the All Blacks will come out to prove a point and should win. The Lions, however, have had a real confidence booster with that win. If they don't give away silly penalties and, at last, start to finish off moves with tries, then I feel that they're in with a shout.

and thats all you need to be excited about Saturday

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Lions - unchanged squad for 3rd Test.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Vunipola was a liability last week. We scored both trys when he was off and he gave away more penalties on his own than teams like to give away as a whole.

I'd be pissed if I was Sinckler or McGrath.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Was away at the weekend and just finally got around to watching a re-run of the game. Agree Vunipola was a colossal liability - hope the coaching staff have given him a proper bollocking. Could so easily have lost the match and lucky to still be in the squad.

Can't wait for Saturday, missed both games so far due to travelling but not this time.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Gatland is a massive advocate of not dropping a player whose had a stinker because the next game you'll get the best out of them trying to redeem themselves.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Gatland is a massive advocate of not dropping a player whose had a stinker because the next game you'll get the best out of them trying to redeem themselves.

Sounds like our very own Chris Hughton to an extent, sometimes the performance is SO poor you can't justify not dropping them.

But he isn't one to drop someone because of the odd shit game from them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here