Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Legend that is Lewis Dunk, does he still support Chelsea ?

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Wow, that is pretty sad seeing as he went to school in Brighton.
I was the only match going Brighton fan in my school until about Year 7-8 which coincided with 2010-11, then there were about 5, they now go regularly with me, but it was seen as unusual, I was lucky my mum and dad took me regularly and I always be thankful for that, mind you a lot of my brothers year (3 years below me) all grew up as Brighton fans and I see them regularly at away games.

Last edited:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I was the only match going Brighton fan in my school until about Year 7-8 which coincided with 2010-11, then there were about 5, they now go regularly with me, but it was seen as unusual, I was lucky my mum and dad took me regularly and I always be thankful for that, mind you a lot of my brothers year (3 years below me) all grew up as Brighton fans and I see them regularly at away games.
One of my sons (now age 24) went to a village primary school near Lewes, he had a football birthday party and he was the only one wearing an Albion shirt, all the other lads with replica kits were Arsenal.
He sent me a message after a match a few years back thanking me for taking him to Withdean when he was a kid and bringing him up an Albion fan……I knew I hadn’t failed as a father then :lolol: He’s been to more away games in his lifetime than I have now.
My 19 year old son was also taken to Withdean as a kid and has only supported Albion.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I added my daughter to Gully’s gang when she was born. When she was about 7 and we were still at Withdeen, we got on a bus in Brighton and she was wearing her Brighton shirt, some man said to her ”it nice to see someone support their local team” which she thought was funny as we lived in Reading 😊

this is her shirt collection, though it does not include the latest one which she has.
F8D47AA7-BD4C-4597-B3D6-0EEF822BC1FC.jpeg

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I added my daughter to Gully’s gang when she was born. When she was about 7 and we were still at Withdeen, we got on a bus in Brighton and she was wearing her Brighton shirt, some man said to her ”it nice to see someone support their local team” which she thought was funny as we lived in Reading 😊

this is her shirt collection, though it does not include the latest one which she has.
View attachment 153597
22 shirts, wow to think that lot would probably cost you close a grand now.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Only one person at my school admitted to supporting BHA and going to watch them - nobody in the early 1970s would actively seek out a rather poor third division club. (or if they did, they kept very quiet about it).

Everyone supported then first division teams. If they were relegated you swiftly found someone else, otherwise you had no kudus on the great playground battles for supremacy.
I was still at school until I left in '72. I definitely wasn't the only 'out' Albion fan who went to the Goldstone to watch them. Never had a first division team. They were the clubs we wanted to draw at home in the Cups. Watching the first division clubs on TV, the Scottish and English clubs in the European Cup and the home countries was just part of the football tapestry at the time. Closest I came to having a higher level team was wanting Chelsea to beat Leeds in the FA Cup final. The Kings Road entertainers against the dirty northern cloggers.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I recall the days when the crowds were so low, that the players used to ask the fans what time we wanted them to kick off. :LOL:
Ah yes indeed. And they used to announce crowd changes to the team as well. Also at Withdean I handed over £30 at the turnstile and said "Two please". The gateman replied, "What do you want, forwards or defenders?"

(That last one is obviously a lie ...
. You couldn't pay on the gate at Withdean!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here