Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Legend that is Lewis Dunk, does he still support Chelsea ?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Well, there is no denying he would make the Albions all time legends hall of fame and quite rightly so too.
It is a well known fact that he supported Chelsea, but I wonder with everything lately that has occurred and the fact he has been here so long.

Well does he still support them I wonder, or has the love affair waned and been sullied somewhat.....

I also often wonder, do players get into the dressing room and frantically look for their phones now to see how the team they support got on, do they leap around the dressing room when they see their team has smashed a rival ? or do they wait until they get in the car and have a look, then go ape shit in the car park, do they go home in a mood if the team they support lost, but yet the team they play for won ?

Too many questions ?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
You'd imagine he's less of a fan now when the teams are in the same league but emotions like that may be difficult to totally let go of. Maybe he prefers Chelsea to win ahead of other top teams but thats probably it.

Would he go there if they came calling? Absolutely but that, with 99% certainty, goes for all the players in the club.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I think many players "support" of a team varies as much as it does in the rest of society.

There are many people who would claim to support a team, but in reality, just look out for the scores and watch them on Match of the day.
I would imagine there are plenty of players who have a childhood association with a team, but their playing connections mean far more to them than that initial allegiance.

Then you have the Ben Whites of this world that only seem to care about playing not supporting.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
What a plastic; how many times has he had tickets in the home end at Stamford Bridge??

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Dunk.PNG

Looks gutted, innit.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If he grew up supporting Chelsea why wouldn't he support Chelsea now?

I grew up supporting Brighton but played for Hollingbury Hawks for a while. I never stopped supporting the Albion.
I hadn't realised that you'd started ???

:wink:

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Always remember reading an interview with Will Buckley where he said he was an Oldham season ticket holder up until he was a teen and was obsessed. He then started to make his way towards becoming a professional footballer and his interest turned to becoming a professional and he didn't have the time to go to games at Oldham so became more interested in watching and drawing inspiration from Manchester United instead as his ambitions as a young professional were to reach those levels.

I guess this is what happens for most. Players rarely get to have those formative experiences in their teenage years that we all do because they're busy trying to become professional players. Accordingly, their interest is matched by their ambition, and I'm sure Dunk was able to draw more inspiration growing up from watching John Terry than Guy Butters (apologies Guy - you were on of my favourites at least!)

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Wow, that is pretty sad seeing as he went to school in Brighton.
I can remember in the mid-90s that my sixth-form mates and I were in the minority as Brighton fans who used to go and watch games. And I'm guessing those numbers continued to fall during the following few seasons.

Funnily enough, there are loads of my age group now turning up at the Amex as Albion supporters!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Only one person at my school admitted to supporting BHA and going to watch them - nobody in the early 1970s would actively seek out a rather poor third division club. (or if they did, they kept very quiet about it).

Everyone supported then first division teams. If they were relegated you swiftly found someone else, otherwise you had no kudus on the great playground battles for supremacy.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I suspect he believed in Father Christmas at school too.
Santa and Chelsea.

One of them is an overhyped bearded man who hasn't delivered yet and is likely to bring disappointment during the festive season.

And Father Christmas isn't that great either.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
I would be absolutely certain that he is now more an Albion fan than a Chelsea fan.

He was born here, raised here and spent his entire career here... and will surely stick around in some capacity beyond that.

It's likely he has a 'soft spot' for them, maybe even still considers himself a fan, but it would be incomparible to his love for the Albion now.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
"You can change your wife, your politics, your religion, but never, never can you change your favourite football team." - Eric Cantona.

I played in the same back four at school with Dunky and he was never a match-going Chelsea fan, but in fairness he supported them pre-Abramovich.

I think on that alone we can class him as staunch BHAFC. Legend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here