Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The last time I spoke to a copper….

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Saturday night around 11pm, in Hampshire, driving back to the Shire from The Amex.

Diverted off the (closed) motorway into the badlands of Hants and I clearly got in a wrong lane or something. Blue lights appear behind me. Breath test and a nice chat with a Pompey fan who was "delighted" that we'd won. Haven't been on the booze for nearly three years now, so all good. He waved me on my way. The way it should be I guess.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Years ago, last season at Withdean, was standing on Brighton concourse waiting for a train to go to Preston Park - was rammed with fans and commuters getting off the train.

2 young policemen and a drugs dog approached me (must have looked shady :ohmy:) and said dog sat down next to me

"Excuse me sir, but the dog has indicated that you are in possession of drugs and we will need to search you!"

"Mate, I haven't done drugs for 15 years!"

Suffice it to say they were not amused with my response and the fact that i had NO drugs on me apart from a packet of Benson and Hedges! Plus their dog should have been put out to retirement, obviously it's nose was not up to scratch anymore!

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
Thought I'd share an incident that occurred a week ago. Nasty group of Londoners causing problems with the staff and customers around my shop and the shops either side of me. This went on for an hour or so and they got more troublesome as time went on. A mix of drink & drugs didn't help. Accosting the ladies walking by, trying to steal from the shops and being a nuisance. After two hours the shop owners had all arrived along with security (4 cars all parked on the pavement). Having had enough I dialed 999, giving full descriptions of each person and what they were doing. I was told a police car was within seconds of me and I saw it with lights flashing and so hung up. But the car turned off before getting to us. 15 minutes later I rang 999 again and was told 'officers attended and saw nothing'. This made my blood boil. After the group finally moved off I contacted the police again (101) to find out what happened and again I was told the officers 'attended and saw nothing'. I argued my case that no officer attended and made an official complaint. It then got escalated to a higher ranking officer who, in a 20 minute call to me kept saying 'attended' to which I stated no police offer attended. I stood my ground asking for proof they attended. It was looked into and their personal cameras were turned off. I stated how, had they 'attended' they would probably have given us all parking tickets, this angered the high ranking officer. After a few days the police did agree in writing that no officers attended the scene and apologised.

That is very poor. Well done for sticking to your guns...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here