Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The last Brighton striker to score 4 goals in a League game was....

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
...I'm not sure.

Zamora? Or was it Bryan Wade against Newcastle?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I thought it was Wade, Now when was the last time we scored 5 goals away from home in a league game?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Sure Radio Sussex said Wade................

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Many years ago I remember we won 5-3 at Shrewsbury and 5-0 at Halifax (I think). They were two away games on the trot. Sayward was manager.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Magic scored 4 and Spider 3 in the same game v Walsall at the Goldstone.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Alex Dawson scored 4 in a 5-2 win at hartlepool in the late 60's.

The other scorer was Howard Wilkinson, who went on to win the league as manager of Leeds and also stood in as England boss for a while (didn't he?). Wonder if Forster has a career in management.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Magic scored 4 and Spider 3 in the same game v Walsall at the Goldstone.

if i recall properly, prevoius games with walsall had been pretty dire events, and that night it was pissing down with rain. I was on RH side at rear North stand and could happily have left at h-t which i think was 0-0. amazing turnabout

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
After Wade scored 4, all in the second half to thrash Newcastle, then how many more games did the genius that is Barry Lloyd give him after that...? Was it none at all, and did he become a bricklayer in Worthing afterwards or is that just a rumour...?

D

Deleted User X18H

He started (for the Albion) at Liverpool a week or two later

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
After Wade scored 4, all in the second half to thrash Newcastle, then how many more games did the genius that is Barry Lloyd give him after that...? Was it none at all, and did he become a bricklayer in Worthing afterwards or is that just a rumour...?
that was Crumplin.Wade spent a lot of time injured & retired reasonably young

if i recall properly, prevoius games with walsall had been pretty dire events, and that night it was pissing down with rain. I was on RH side at rear North stand and could happily have left at h-t which i think was 0-0. amazing turnabout

I was in the South Stand just East of our goal, and it was the ONLY time I had ever seriously considered leaving at half-time. I told my company I'd give it 5 minutes after the restart before bogging off from total boredom and dampness. :clap2:

ALL the goals were scored into my end of the ground, and it was the start of the famous Mullery half-time-talks legend for geeing the players up and getting them galvanized for the second 45 minutes.

I've never seriously considered leaving at h/t again. :thumbsup:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Didn't Paul Emblem (??) score all four goals in a boxing day home game at Gillingham once or did I imagine that??

remember the Wade four goal haul very well. The North Stand was going bonkers.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I was in the stand when Wade scored his four against Newcastle, a great Goldstone night and was glad to be there today. Think Giraffe might be right about Emblen though.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Didn't Paul Emblem (??) score all four goals in a boxing day home game at Gillingham once or did I imagine that??

remember the Wade four goal haul very well. The North Stand was going bonkers.

I'm sure Minton scored that day.Might be wrong though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here