Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The kids Christmas party balls up !!!!!!

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
It was great and not so great.
Great that the players stayed on well past the originally organised time and made a lot of kid's days in doing so. Thank you. They were all superb (and must have been bored by then).
We started queuing at 10.35 and were some of last to get to the players at 2.10. So over 100 minutes on actually getting through the doors. It was obvious why the queue was so slow once we got there, the club communicated 'no selfies', but that was being ignored by literally everyone.

Not great in that the playing staff aside BHAFC are actually an events and marketing company, that is their core business. The 'meet the players' organisation, or lack of it, was very avoidable. I suspect someone junior in the management team was cutting their teeth on this event, because it was poorly organised.

If you have a window of 90 minutes for signings, then limit the tickets for that, it does take a genius to work out that 90%+ of the kids will want to see the players so 1800 people are not going to get through, that is 20 people every minute, or one every 3 seconds.

The fact it is free is irrelevant, if you offer an event to the public then it needs to meet the necessary quality and safety standards. The squeeze in the tunnel when they tried to close the door was bordering on dangerous, especially with so many kids in there.

Not a dig at the club at all but I can fully understand people being frustrated.

Well said. We all love the club but just occasionally are allowed to voice the occasional concern over things.

D

Deleted User X18H

It was great and not so great.
Great that the players stayed on well past the originally organised time and made a lot of kid's days in doing so. Thank you. They were all superb (and must have been bored by then).
We started queuing at 10.35 and were some of last to get to the players at 2.10. So over 100 minutes on actually getting through the doors. It was obvious why the queue was so slow once we got there, the club communicated 'no selfies', but that was being ignored by literally everyone.

Not great in that the playing staff aside BHAFC are actually an events and marketing company, that is their core business. The 'meet the players' organisation, or lack of it, was very avoidable. I suspect someone junior in the management team was cutting their teeth on this event, because it was poorly organised.

If you have a window of 90 minutes for signings, then limit the tickets for that, it does take a genius to work out that 90%+ of the kids will want to see the players so 1800 people are not going to get through, that is 20 people every minute, or one every 3 seconds.

The fact it is free is irrelevant, if you offer an event to the public then it needs to meet the necessary quality and safety standards. The squeeze in the tunnel when they tried to close the door was bordering on dangerous, especially with so many kids in there.

Not a dig at the club at all but I can fully understand people being frustrated.

Isn’t amazing that whatever Brighton & Hove Albion do to reach out to the local community, the professionally offend will stick their noses in to every corner trying to find something to complain about.

No mention of the added extras, like the free photo booth snaps the prizes given out from the FREE fairground games, the free gift from Santa, the free spot prizes given at the free disco etc etc etc.

Some of us in Brighton & Hove are very proud of the way the club reaches out to the local community. Very proud indeed.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Never had issues when we were in league 1 and had to go to the triangle in Burgess Hill - where were you when we were shit

Yep - my now 20 year old son still speaks fondly of being on a table football team with Tommy Elphick.

Can’t imagine that happening now. I went to the Amex yesterday to spend vouchers in the club shop and couldn’t believe the queues.

Not like that in my day.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Isn’t amazing that whatever Brighton & Hove Albion do to reach out to the local community, the professionally offend will stick their noses in to every corner trying to find something to complain about.

No mention of the added extras, like the free photo booth snaps the prizes given out from the FREE fairground games, the free gift from Santa, the free spot prizes given at the free disco etc etc etc.

Some of us in Brighton & Hove are very proud of the way the club reaches out to the local community. Very proud indeed.

You clearly were not in that corridor, it was unnecessary and kids were frightened.

I’m not complaining, I thought that was clear, but it is my opinion based on being in the middle of it.

You might want to be a little less precious sweetheart.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

This.

Yet a few still complain about imperfections.

The club made a load of kids, and some positive parents, very happy. All for free.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yep - my now 20 year old son still speaks fondly of being on a table football team with Tommy Elphick.

Nothing to do with a kids party, but a Christmas dinner at the Metropole, my finest hour was partnering Michel Kuipers at table football. He made me the keeper! We won!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here