Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

the judge

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
When did football become a vehicle to judge and insult one and other? I'm sure it wasn't like that in the beginning.

To me its banter not batter like the old days . Sorry I'm a different generation footballs great now , go away drink with opposing fans and have a laugh . home fans moaning because one of the main song starters sang something that upset them scarey

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
To me its banter not batter like the old days . Sorry I'm a different generation footballs great now , go away drink with opposing fans and have a laugh . home fans moaning because one of the main song starters sang something that upset them scarey

I fail to believe all this commotion has been caused by a few harmless songs for those who leave early.

The whole charade could have been avoided by those superfans (local celebrities) with nicknames ignoring those who decide they don't want to stay for the duration and concentrate with what is going on in front of them.

I would be amazed if the club were considering banning someone for some harmless ribbing.

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
I fail to believe all this commotion has been caused by a few harmless songs for those who leave early.

The whole charade could have been avoided by those superfans (local celebrities) with nicknames ignoring those who decide they don't want to stay for the duration and concentrate with what is going on in front of them.

I would be amazed if the club were considering banning someone for some harmless ribbing.

I often leave early but perhaps the difference is I would laugh and wave no problem . Think you ought to change username from Barrel of Fun cause you obviously can't take a piss take

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I often leave early but perhaps the difference is I would laugh and wave no problem . Think you ought to change username from Barrel of Fun cause you obviously can't take a piss take

He's had meetings with the club and staved off a ban for simply a bit of teasing? I find that very hard to believe.

You'd laugh and wave at what?

I'd tell you how I would react if faced with what he and his rabble do, but no one seems to know or willing to clarify that.

This has absolutely no bearing on my sense of humour or ability to take a joke.

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
He's had meetings with the club and staved off a ban for simply a bit of teasing? I find that very hard to believe.

You'd laugh and wave at what?

I'd tell you how I would react if faced with what he and his rabble do, but no one seems to know or willing to clarify that.

This has absolutely no bearing on my sense of humour or ability to take a joke.

Unfortunately you will never understand
I would laugh and and wave if they were singing because I was leaving early obvious
What would you do to him.and his rabble
RABBLE I give up, lads who travel the country following the Albion
I don,t know Judge only to nod to like I do a lot of Albion fans
And you have got a fun failure

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Is that what they've been doing? Singing at early leavers every match for the last 70 games?

I think you've misunderstood. I'm questioning what they have been doing and called up on. You don't seem to know and nor does anyone else (or willing to disclose).

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
Is that what they've been doing? Singing at early leavers every match for the last 70 games?

I think you've misunderstood. I'm questioning what they have been doing and called up on. You don't seem to know and nor does anyone else (or willing to disclose).

Anyway I'm going to bed and no I don't but seems over the top . Early start for last Saturday home game tomorrow sleep well it's all fun

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
Nothing to do with the wanker signs and abuse being hurled at supporters? Let's face it those around that little group all know the truth, it was more than a song!
Yeah I admit I had enough and left early as I was walking out, I could see one particular fella (not the judge) giving me the wanker sign and calling me a "shit fan" I just smiled and waved back :)

People are too sensitive these days I admit, but you should be able to leave a football game when you choose to!

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Nothing to do with the wanker signs and abuse being hurled at supporters? Let's face it those around that little group all know the truth, it was more than a song!
Yeah I admit I had enough and left early as I was walking out, I could see one particular fella (not the judge) giving me the wanker sign and calling me a "shit fan" I just smiled and waved back :)

People are too sensitive these days I admit, but you should be able to leave a football game when you choose to!

is this what happened???? doesnt seem like the judge i know

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Anyway I'm going to bed and no I don't but seems over the top . Early start for last Saturday home game tomorrow sleep well it's all fun

But that is the point: how can you say the reaction is over the top if you don't know what is being reacted to?

Chants of 'na na na na hey hey hey goodbye' or 'we can see you sneaking out' and absolutely, complaints are unreasonable. If people are aggressively threatening you, promising violence, explicitly insulting you and your young child, throwing things at you just because you're leaving early then complaints are more understandable (picking out someone who had nothing to do with that just because he leads a lot of songs is obviously unfair, but we're talking about people complaining about the actions of that group, not the clubs actions). Nb I don't know if that is actually what happened, I'm in the dark on this too.

All barrel of fun is saying is since he doesn't know what happened he isn't going to jump on the people who complained, or blindly defend the people whose actions were complained about as harmless. That had nothing to with whether or not one lacks a sense of humour.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Seems to me that a lot of the "old" fans who "were there when we were shit" resent other fans now that the crowds are back up. This resentment rears it's head when people leave early. Sad really, I realise I got into the Albion at 14 because of the sense of community, unfortunately this no longer seems to exist in modern football.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Seems to me that a lot of the "old" fans who "were there when we were shit" resent other fans now that the crowds are back up. This resentment rears it's head when people leave early. Sad really, I realise I got into the Albion at 14 because of the sense of community, unfortunately this no longer seems to exist in modern football.

Also sad because it's not just new fans that leave early, old ones do, too, and always have. Fans used to leave early at withdean and the goldstone.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
When did football become a vehicle to judge and insult one and other? I'm sure it wasn't like that in the beginning.

It started in about 1890 I think BoF. Nothing new here.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
This whole leaving early debacle is so boring. You see it in EVERY ground up and down the country. It's only worse at the Amex because of the shithouse travel links.

People leave when they like, so what?

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Yesterday was sad...

Everywhere we go-oh!
People wanna know-oh!
Who we are-ar!
So we tell 'em!
We are the famous!
The famous Brighton!
...... :tumble:
Brighton! Brighton! Brighton!

Looks like Palace 'clearing off' has gone for good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here