Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Judge

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
The Judge sat behind me last season before moving under the police box. You can NEVER fault his passion for the Albion and is loud and vocal every match, in recent matches I could hear him from the centre of the North. Should also be said that before he moved from the centre, the atmosphere was MILES better where as now - its almost a war of songs between the East side and the West side as for example, when the West side started the "Go Left" song, the East side started the "TBs blue/white army song" in reply and that has been the case for some matches. The main atmosphere needs to start from the centre of the North !!

Back on topic, I cant pass judgement seeing as we havent actually seen both sides of the story, but if it was for "intimidating" others leaving early, then several bans would need handing out as it was also happening in N1F.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Me and my son can easily see him and the group from where we sit in WSL and us and those around us often remark on his seemingly limitless ability to shout (not sure sing is the right word) for the full 90 mins +. From a short distance away it always looks like there is bit of a look which says 'why aren't you joining in ?' on his face which basically screams 'passionate supporter'. I can understand though anyone new and sitting in the immediate vicinity perhaps being a bit intimidated (although presumably no worse than siiting in the SE corner next to the away blocks). However there was some real dogs abuse being hurled at the 80 min + leavers at the Ipswich game from that group (I didn't notice it from him though, but others nearby), mainly directed towards the WSL (I missed this weekend as I was away but understand it was similar) - but the NS was emptying just as quickly at the same time. Suspect someone might have complained about this but to my mind this was really just an outpouring of frustration at a crappy performance.

Unless he's done something other than sing/chant (including LRL, it's crap but not really offensive), then the club would be making a huge mistake in banning him I reckon. He's almost single-handedly responsible for most of the noise at that end.

That's the problem. you're not allowed that anymore.

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
I missed that post.

I can not believe that the police are much happier than we are. They're probably wondering why they are being asked to raise the matter. They'll know they have more important things to do than take a supporter guilty of chanting too much to one side.

I'm taking it you aren't too smart! Do you still honestly believe it was because he was chanting too much? Do you honestly think that is what this is all about?

I don't know the Judge personally and I have heard a lot of good things about him, but you are all deluded if you think the club are trying to silence him by banning him!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The Judge sat behind me last season before moving under the police box. You can NEVER fault his passion for the Albion and is loud and vocal every match, in recent matches I could hear him from the centre of the North. Should also be said that before he moved from the centre, the atmosphere was MILES better where as now - its almost a war of songs between the East side and the West side as for example, when the West side started the "Go Left" song, the East side started the "TBs blue/white army song" in reply and that has been the case for some matches. The main atmosphere needs to start from the centre of the North !!

Back on topic, I cant pass judgement seeing as we havent actually seen both sides of the story, but if it was for "intimidating" others leaving early, then several bans would need handing out as it was also happening in N1F.

Reason for moving was to link up with other like minded NSK inspired atmosphere makers in a previously unoccupied seating area when news ones put in under police box. Unwittingly they've relocated to a place when they're closely monitored and labelled as trouble makers because draw attention to themselves. Add fact the surrounding seats are largely match by match sales to people who might not want this and well, it's a perfect storm!

A spectacular own goal in hindsight, not least because the control box kills atmosphere and prevents big flags. Hence why I believe several are on the move next season. I do sympathise I really do, it's just so predictable it would happen as per my post on page2 of this thread. Saddest thing of all is that 1 individual can draw so much attention because of the noise he makes. Doesn't say a lot for the rest of us does it?!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'm taking it you aren't too smart! Do you still honestly believe it was because he was chanting too much? Do you honestly think that is what this is all about?

I don't know the Judge personally and I have heard a lot of good things about him, but you are all deluded if you think the club are trying to silence him by banning him!

It will be whats in the chanting smart arse.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
This is potentially worrying on a number of fronts. There aren't many of us that know the facts of the precise case. So here are a couple of facts followed by a well informed rant.

FACT - those lads under the police box were singing their hearts out on Sat as most of the stadium was emptying. They showed more passion and commitment that the players, Oscar and 90% of our fans. They should be congratulated on that.

FACT - there is a woman who sits in the row in front of me in a stand that isn't the North. She regularly stares out / shouts at early leavers. At no point have I considered reporting her to anyone and hopefully, in return, she hasn't considered reporting my occasional rants at referees. It's a passionate game and passions should be encouraged so long as they don't run over in to actual violence.

This is because:

Football is a passionate game. It's an energetic game. And despite what the rugger buggers say it can be a physical and painful game. If you get kicked from behind on the park or you miss a last minute shot when you're 1-0 down in the final of the pub cup you swear and shout and that attitude does tend to permiate upwards. It's all the better for it. My son is a little uncoordinated and a wee bit of a wimp and I've no problem admitting I've started taking him football training to toughen him up. I do not expect the other lads to come down to his level, I expect him to raise his game to theirs. He's got the whole rest of the week to draw, play music, read and add up. If you choose to come to football then you choose to come to John Terry calling players Fing Cs (the fact I have to redact that annoys me too btw) and you choose to come to songs about burning down towns and unemployed northerners and yes, holding hands. How arrogant to take the only tangible thing many young working class blokes have and try and civilise it. F**k off.

I'm not saying that's what happened here but it's what's happening all over. The whoppers are taking over. What are we going to do about it?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just wondering if a complaint might have come from the 'school balcony'......having the most vocal support next to the greatest concentration of under 11s in the ground might not be the best idea on reflection. Just a thought.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Just wondering if a complaint might have come from the 'school balcony'......having the most vocal support next to the greatest concentration of under 11s in the ground might not be the best idea on reflection. Just a thought.

Perhaps it's not the best place for the school balcony then?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Interestingly a work colleague of my wife is a STH with her son in the SWC. Her son was up in the shelf on a football club or school trip a few games ago and she said her son hated it as the stewards told the adults that the Kids were not allowed to shout or join in with chants. Sounds crazy but it's true. He never wants to go up there again.

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
Interestingly a work colleague of my wife is a STH with her son in the SWC. Her son was up in the shelf on a football club or school trip a few games ago and she said her son hated it as the stewards told the adults that the Kids were not allowed to shout or join in with chants. Sounds crazy but it's true. He never wants to go up there again.

Ha ha I've heard it all now! NSC loves a Chinese whisper doesn't it! Ha ha

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Move it to the SW corner ?

Perhaps the south east as that's where the original "free" area was when the stadium was designed. Though they might hear the away fans there. And we can't have that. Maybe the East Upper. That's never full. It's empty after 80 mins anyway so a nice clean getaway. Though they may hear an anguished cry of FFS if a player get's heavily tackled on the east touchline, there being absolutely no other noise coming from that part of the ground.

Or maybe their parents and teachers and coaches could just explain that, at football, they may hear the odd naughty word and that the people saying them are naughty and that they're not to be repeated afterwards, like I do with my son.

Just a thought.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
I think I saw him (TheJudge) at a FA cup game at home and I was in awe at how good he was a creating an atmosphere. This is what we need.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Perhaps the south east as that's where the original "free" area was when the stadium was designed. Though they might hear the away fans there. And we can't have that. Maybe the East Upper. That's never full. It's empty after 80 mins anyway so a nice clean getaway. Though they may hear an anguished cry of FFS if a player get's heavily tackled on the east touchline, there being absolutely no other noise coming from that part of the ground.

Or maybe their parents and teachers and coaches could just explain that, at football, they may hear the odd naughty word and that the people saying them are naughty and that they're not to be repeated afterwards, like I do with my son.

Just a thought.

Yup. Easy innit ??

Remember the first match I took my lad to. First minute, terrible tackle, not given, 'the referee's a w@nker'. Had to explain that to a 7 year old. All part of growing up :)

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
This thread is pretty "special" it's gone from The Judge being banned for singing too loudly, to the Judge being intimidating, to nobody liking "left right left" to the atmosphere being shit, then to the OB being involved and people starting to speculate what he's done, to the school shelf being in the wrong place, to the kids not being allowed to sing and then to the kids being louder than the Judges crew!!

Anything else??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here