Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Joke That Is The Free Bus Travel Zone

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Simple question why dont Metro accept the vouchers from Haywards Heath as they are owned by the same company as B & H buses?

Did the OP raise this with the bus company in question and with B&H buses directly to find out why they won't if they are all a part of the same company?

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Nowhere does it say the whole area covered by the map is covered by every bus. Also, it has been this situation since we started at the Amex 4 and half seasons ago!

Is this your first season of going to the Amex?

Once again for you. Metrobus was included last season and isn't this season. How was I supposed to know when the club just say "you're in the travel zone".

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Says the bloke who picked up a spelling "mistake" that wasn't even incorrect!

Ah, recognising irony is obviously not your strong suit.

My post wasn't really addressing a spelling mistake, I posted something as equally trivial as your petty rant to highlight its ridiculously nit-picking nature.

Keep up at the back there's a good if somewhat dim chap.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Posters arguing on this thread have way too much.. uploadfromtaptalk1445882824240.jpg

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Another question for those who may know.

There are routes listed on the Brighton & Hove website that are "operated" by other companies. Are these like a subcontract setup?

I only ask because Compass Bus also run services round here. Some of them are on the B&H website and some of them are not.

If my theory is correct about subcontracted routes, surely these are still B&H routes so should be covered, regardless of who is "operating" them.

I might be off down a blind alley here so I'd be grateful if someone who knows can explain how it works.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Ah, recognising irony is obviously not your strong suit.

My post wasn't really addressing a spelling mistake, I posted something as equally trivial as your petty rant to highlight its ridiculously nit-picking nature.

Keep up at the back there's a good if somewhat dim chap.

Thank you for your patronising contribution. It may not be interesting to you, but I just want to get to the bottom of an issue that keeps tripping me up because the club keep giving misleading / incorrect information and changing things without letting anyone know. It may seem trivial and like nit-picking to you, but I guess that's because it doesn't affect you.

If that makes me dim, I can live with it. :thumbsup:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I might be off down a blind alley here so I'd be grateful if someone who knows can explain how it works.

It would seem that everyone other than you know how it works, the difficult part is explaining what is a very simple and well understood concept to someone who is incapable of accepting anything that is pointed out to them and just refers back to the OP, and expects a multi coloured map to know which blade of grass is or isn't covered by a free bus route.

Perhaps CPFC run a free pass that stops outside your house, if they do can I suggest that you catch that rather than bleating on about something which everyone else is very clear about. Alternatively I would look to improve your IQ to a level where you will be able to understand fully the comments posted.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Qwhy cant the club do the same deal with all bus companies serving the area as presumably they do the different rail companies

In the past they've just said that Sussex Bus just aren't interested. I guess they can't make them.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
In the past they've just said that Sussex Bus just aren't interested. I guess they can't make them.

I was thinking more of Metro bus, which is far better than Sussex Bus Co on all fronts. That would mean a walk to Stonepound X roads or 273 from Crawley although only every 2 hours.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Once again for you. Metrobus was included last season and isn't this season. How was I supposed to know when the club just say "you're in the travel zone".

I think you need to talk to someone at the club, both the transport manager and maybe, Paul Barber. I don't think posting it on Nsc is going to help you, nor is saying the 'Free Bus travel zone is a joke', when it works well for 98% of the fans within it.
It does seem as though there has been a communication breakdown for people in your area, but it doesn't apply to everybody. I hope the club can find out why Metrobus has pulled out.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
I'm pissed off that they don't provide me with a taxi back to Manchester after each match.

It's not as if they can't afford it, we still have some of the money from the '83 cup final you know, the amount that DICK TIGHT didn't manage to get his hands on.
I'll share one with you if the club is paying ☺

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It would seem that everyone other than you know how it works, the difficult part is explaining what is a very simple and well understood concept to someone who is incapable of accepting anything that is pointed out to them and just refers back to the OP, and expects a multi coloured map to know which blade of grass is or isn't covered by a free bus route.

Perhaps CPFC run a free pass that stops outside your house, if they do can I suggest that you catch that rather than bleating on about something which everyone else is very clear about. Alternatively I would look to improve your IQ to a level where you will be able to understand fully the comments posted.

Great. So you don't know how bus routes are allocated either. I realise everyone else in the world is an expert on bus transport. Thanks for your contribution.

It would have been easier for you to answer the question clearly, as it hasn't been covered before. Even a simple "no, they just put all bus routes that actually go into Brighton on the B&H website" (if indeed that's the case), would have been perfectly sufficient, thanks.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Even a simple "no, they just put all bus routes that actually go into Brighton on the B&H website" (if indeed that's the case), would have been perfectly sufficient, thanks.

That is the case. B&H bus tickets are valid on them within the B&H area.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
I think walking/cycling/driving to Hassocks to get a train sounds feasible.

Personally I would scrap the idea of including travel costs in the ticket prices. Some people save money as a result, others who do not or cannot utilise the travel available are paying for something they don't use.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
That is the case. B&H bus tickets are valid on them within the B&H area.

Thanks. So they are covered by the day tickets and suchlike? I thought that must be why they were there. Initially, I didn't notice the "operated by" notes and just assumed everything on there was covered!

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It's your attitude that stinks. Just ask the club, rather than getting shirty with everyone who dares to disagree on an internet forum

I have asked the club.

They gave me wrong information that was only corrected when I pointed out there weren't any services covered.

The point of the thread was to find out if we were just unlucky in Hurst or if the problem was more universal. I guess the title was probably a bit OTT, but came from being fed up with the club's response.

If one of the sages who was responding as if I was an idiot earlier is to be believed and the map on the B&H website is the definitive source of information, then it seems the club's map is very misleading and needs to be changed, as there's very few buses operated by B&H in the centre of that zone.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Thanks. So they are covered by the day tickets and suchlike? I thought that must be why they were there. Initially, I didn't notice the "operated by" notes and just assumed everything on there was covered!

Yes, I think it's a new thing. Makes sense really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here