Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Jeremy Corbyn thread

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
So is that it now, basically a Tory government until 2025? Until 2020 Labour will be effective, after 2020 they could barely exist

Labour need just split and fill the massive vacumn in the centre left of politics, left JC to it...

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
We NEED this too at the AMEX

[tweet]779708027154886656[/tweet]

Corbyn, Momentum, Liverpool, Militant Tendency, The Kop, starting to gel together now. Thankfully JC is the weakest link and will oversee the demise of most of the aforementioned.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Mate I live in Birmingham. Not exactly the south nor am I a labour supporter. At no point did I say that the electorate were stupid. However, if the press undermine JC at every turn it is no wonder that people disregard him on name alone whilst ignoring his policies. To say the media have no influence on voters would be off the mark.

All very interesting I'm sure but please answer post 1767 to at least show that you have some credibility worth shouting about!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's time for"@simster to concede defeat. This thread is embarrassingly right wing and always has been.

Here come the anti-austerity party. Here come the party of social justice.

This thread needs a name change.
Concede defeat? Strange thing to say. I was expressing an opinion that Labour would be in the wilderness with him in charge. Nothing has changed there to make me feel the need to concede defeat. You'll be the one conceding defeat in 2020 when Labour are truly slaughtered, as per my prediction.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Mate I live in Birmingham. Not exactly the south nor am I a labour supporter. At no point did I say that the electorate were stupid. However, if the press undermine JC at every turn it is no wonder that people disregard him on name alone whilst ignoring his policies. To say the media have no influence on voters would be off the mark.

They don't undermine him for no reason , they undermine him for his public and vocal support of the IRA , yet again I will ask you to respond to post 1767 ?

D

Deleted member 22389

I was listening to LBC on the way to the football yesterday and they had Corbyn supporters on there. The issue that came up time and time again was about living in a fairer society, without actually explaining what this fairer society means, so can someone here please explain how this unfair society personally effects you?

Life has always been unfair, we will never get a perfect society ever.

Last edited by a moderator:

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
It's not going to happen. They have had their party stolen away from them.

Plus ca change GCCM!

For those on the genuine left of the Party, the Party was stolen from them by Blair in '94.

Blair and his supporters were no less organised and ruthless as Momentum, arguably more so. People like Campbell and Mandelson hollowed out the old Labour Party from the new labour party.

If you can remember, they changed the Labour Party constitution to enable it to embrace privatisation of British industry and then chucked out the RMT, one of the founding unions for the Party when they refused to back it.

Their drive to become politically centrist and pro EU were entirely new policies and created set in motion the consequences of alienating their core traditional working class voters........

The PLP may moan about the theft of their party but they are the original thieves.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
I was listening to LBC on the way to the football yesterday and they had Corbyn supporters on there. The issue that came up time and time again was about living in a fairer society, without actually explaining what this fairer society means, so can someone here please explain how this unfair society personally effects you?

Life has always been unfair, we will never get a perfect society ever.

To tax those that work bloody hard to earn a decent crust, more, to give to those that can't be arsed to get out of bed in the morning. That's a fairer society, right?

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
All very interesting I'm sure but please answer post 1767 to at least show that you have some credibility worth shouting about!

Unfortunately I blocked the poster of said post as in previous discussions he called me an IRA sympathiser even though for very personal reasons I have no sympathy for them in the slightest. I also have absolutely no interest whatsoever in proving anything to you or him as my self worth isn't determined by people I don't know on the internet.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Unfortunately I blocked the poster of said post as in previous discussions he called me an IRA sympathiser even though for very personal reasons I have no sympathy for them in the slightest. I also have absolutely no interest whatsoever in proving anything to you or him as my self worth isn't determined by people I don't know on the internet.

Blocked me ? Of course you did , I'm sure everyone believes that , they wouldn't put it down to it being a poor excuse to avoid answering .....

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Watching JC being interviewed by Andrew Marr. He just said 70 % of British exports go to the EU. I thought that seemed high and indeed the figure seems to be 44 %. He was also asked whether he would ban doctors from doing private work . His answer was to witter on about GPs not being private. Deliberate missing of the point ?
What happened to the new politics ??

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
People who aggressively claim Corbyn is an IRA sympathiser really have zero understanding of the nuances of political talks and negotiation and what it takes to bring peace to a country. Corbyn's talks lead to the first ceasefire. Thatchers government is now know to have been in secret talks with the IRA and they tried to blow her up! Rather forgiving of her I'd proffer.
The more militant on here would be happy to see the British military still pointlessly pounding away in NI which would of course mean the IRA would still be violently active.

I found this article interesting.

Please try to remember it's an opinion and should it differ to yours you are not entitled to become enraged. It makes you look a bit silly.

http://www.newstatesman.com/politic...-wrong-northern-ireland-so-was-nelson-mandela

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
That last paragraph just about sums up your pomposity Nibble.

And Alfredmizen has the weight of history on his side when he says that Corbyn played no part in the peace process. He rooted for one side and one side only.

It's why Midnight Rendezvous has not rebutted any of the points.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here