Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Jeremy Corbyn thread

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I disagree. This not the people as a whole. This anybody who wanted to pay 3 quid to buy the leadership election of a political party with decades of tradition. This is Ed Miliband's legacy. Leaders were not chosen in this manner in the past. Now we have a situation where politically active students and others have hijacked the only working class political party while the grown ups are out working for a living. I'm not sure I can forgive JC and friends for what he has done to Labour. We will have to agree to disagree I think.

For me thats the best part. For £3 even the poorest can have a say in how the country is run. Not just the rich and wealthy who make Millions in donations to the Conservative Party or Labour Party

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
For me thats the best part. For £3 even the poorest can have a say in how the country is run. Not just the rich and wealthy who make Millions in donations to the Conservative Party or Labour Party

But surely the point is that for their £3 the poorest can have a say in how the party which definitely won't run the country is run?

That £3 investment will surely have even less effect on the way the UK develops than membership of the Supporters Club will have on the way the Albion is run.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
But surely the point is that for their £3 the poorest can have a say in how the party which definitely won't run the country is run?

That £3 investment will surely have even less effect on the way the UK develops than membership of the Supporters Club will have on the way the Albion is run.

Your statement there is doing the exact same thing as the media are doing. You are saying. ''Your £3 means nothing because Jeremy Corbyn can never win an Election. You my be right he may never win an Election but do we just sit back an believe that to be the case because people tell us that is so.

Or do we allow the man the right to go into an Election and tell us what his policies are and then leave it up to us to decide instead of having it shoved down our throats that he can't win.

If enough of us stop believing the hype of the media and start thinking for ourselves then maybe he can win.

Look at the Brexit Vote. We were told that would never happen and the public made up their mind for themselves and voted to leave the EU. Not that I voted for that but at least it was the public who decided and not politicians or the press. People followed what they believed in and Democracy took its course and I hope that's what happens once Jeremy Corbyn wins the next leadership election.

Let the man then tell us his policies, his vision for the UK and if you then don't like it - don't vote for him. Although I for one will be voting for him

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

It's not £3. It's £25 now

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
He's not like other politicians. He doesn't know the meaning of the word "spin".

[tweet]768069876472750080[/tweet]

[tweet]768074896777809924[/tweet]

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
He's not like other politicians. He doesn't know the meaning of the word "spin".

[tweet]768069876472750080[/tweet]

[tweet]768074896777809924[/tweet]
The only replies you'll get to this post will be of the ''tories are worse'' type.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Those votes against were on political issues or bills which he fundamentally did not believe in. He was not personally trying to topple a Labour Leader.

He has stood and won as Labour Leader. - He has had to endure a vote of no confidence since then and he is addressing that under a due democratic process AGAIN. Surely if he wins this time, people need to look inwardly at themselves and say, ''maybe it is me that is not in tune with the Labour Party members and not Jeremy Corbyn.

Corbyn is changing UK Politics - People may not like it but for sure he is holding a mirror up to people and saying to them ''Have a look at what you believe in and comparing it with his own beliefs'' People might not go with him when it comes to an Election but at least he is trying something different and I for one like what he stands for and so do a good many other people in this country. Maybe it is and maybe it isn't enough to win a General Election [B]but at least let the people as a whole decide. Not 50 or 60 people in the Labour Party
[/B]

And that is Corbyn's problem. The people as a whole will decide and no prizes for the end result. Those 50 or 60, whom you describe, are all too aware of this, and know what the people want, and you can bet it is not in tune with the ten bob trots, now emerging out of the woodwork. The big bad 50 or 60 might not be in tune with the party activists, but they are certainly in tune with the electorate.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Tory SPIV Branson releases a CCTV film which is against the law trying to besmirch the reputation of Brother Corbyn, it shows every seat with reservations on but what do you expect from someone who stands to lose everything once Labour come to power.

Talk about desperation but luckily for him he will be living in his tax haven when that happens.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Tory SPIV Branson releases a CCTV film which is against the law trying to besmirch the reputation of Brother Corbyn, it shows every seat with reservations on but what do you expect from someone who stands to lose everything once Labour come to power.

Talk about desperation but luckily for him he will be living in his tax haven when that happens.

Agree with you about Branson and I also agree that the railways are poorly run and should be nationalized. However that is not the point here. Look again at the photos. One shows reservations labels and the other does not. JC also sat down on that train when the cameras weren't rolling. The point here is that he sells himself as a man of integrity which I suspect is not the case. He is a FAKE

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Agree with you about Branson and I also agree that the railways are poorly run and should be nationalized. However that is not the point here. Look again at the photos. One shows reservations labels and the other does not. JC also sat down on that train when the cameras weren't rolling. The point here is that he sells himself as a man of integrity which I suspect is not the case. He is a FAKE

Have a word with yourself, only one fake and it's not Corbyn

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Tory SPIV Branson releases a CCTV film which is against the law trying to besmirch the reputation of Brother Corbyn, it shows every seat with reservations.

First stop on that train was at 12.50. Note the unreserved seats. Many of them.....

CqjhW3vWAAABYse.jpg:large

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
[/B]

And that is Corbyn's problem. The people as a whole will decide and no prizes for the end result. Those 50 or 60, whom you describe, are all too aware of this, and know what the people want, and you can bet it is not in tune with the ten bob trots, now emerging out of the woodwork. The big bad 50 or 60 might not be in tune with the party activists, but they are certainly in tune with the electorate.

And there goes another one, making other peoples minds up for them and deciding, they know whats in other people's minds.........................I refer you back again to the Brexit Vote...........You cannot possibly know what you claim to know

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
It proves nothing, just an attempt by Branson to smear Corbyn

It proves everything! It proves it was just a massive PR stunt and the smear is all from Corbyn. Virgin are presenting facts.

Come on....this was on the day that Corbyn announced his new transport policy, his PR team thought it would make a great photo-opportunity as a backdrop to this unfortunately forgetting that trains have CCTV.

Corbyn is so incompetent that he must be the only politician in the country unable to find a packed train.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here