Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Jeremy Corbyn thread

Amazorblade

Feb 27, 2017
Has there ever BEEN a more stunted introvert leader of a major party who has been a political nonentity all their political life and is incapable of properly engaging with the wider electorate?

Can't think of one off-hand, to be honest. Just go away Jeremy. Your heart may be in the right place, but you're a ridiculous figure. Dead sheep walking. It's beyond pathetic.

Caroline Lucas is the best party leader that Labour never had.

Im a great admirer of Caroline and have consistenly voted Green since I gave up on labour in the early 90s but dont you think that if Caroline Lucas was in any position of real power that she wouldnt be equally vilified by the main stream media? I like Corbyn - he has a very difficult job with most of the parliamentary labour party, big business and the main stream media against him.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Labour has lost nearly 26,000 members since last summer, leaked figures reportedly reveal.

More members quit the party last year than the previous six years combined, according to a report by The Times.

More than 15,465 members have left since mid-December, the data seen by the newspaper also shows.

Up to 7,000 members are said to have resigned last month after leader Jeremy Corbyn imposed a three-line whip and ordered his MPs to vote to trigger Article 50 to begin Britain's exit from the European Union.

http://news.sky.com/story/labour-party-has-lost-26000-members-since-summer-10788065

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/n...-of-labour-members-quit-over-corbyn-kznwfbmr5

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Im a great admirer of Caroline and have consistenly voted Green since I gave up on labour in the early 90s but dont you think that if Caroline Lucas was in any position of real power that she wouldnt be equally vilified by the main stream media? I like Corbyn - he has a very difficult job with most of the parliamentary labour party, big business and the main stream media against him.

But you have to question Lucas' judgement and ability to lead when a complete ****wit like Natalie Bennett was allowed to become the leader of the Greens for 4 years.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
But you have to question Lucas' judgement and ability to lead when a complete ****wit like Natalie Bennett was allowed to become the leader of the Greens for 4 years.

Lucas saw the danger in a one person party brand and tried to promote a broader leadership.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Lucas saw the danger in a one person party brand and tried to promote a broader leadership.

an found there was none...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

an found there was none...

Precisely why I like Lucas but not the Green Party. Natalie Bennett was a disaster, Jason Kitcat was a disaster locally. Lucas, by herself, is a genuine, thinking, caring local MP who is incredibly well respected in her constituency, But in her party she stands alone.

This is partially the issue with Corbyn by the way. Whether you like the policies or not he couldn't lead a dog to the park, nor could he run a bath. Even Owen Jones said so, just yesterday, though not quite in the same words.

Amazorblade

Feb 27, 2017
Precisely why I like Lucas but not the Green Party. Natalie Bennett was a disaster, Jason Kitcat was a disaster locally. Lucas, by herself, is a genuine, thinking, caring local MP who is incredibly well respected in her constituency, But in her party she stands alone.

This is partially the issue with Corbyn by the way. Whether you like the policies or not he couldn't lead a dog to the park, nor could he run a bath. Even Owen Jones said so, just yesterday, though not quite in the same words.

I disagree Natalie Bennett was not a total disaster nor were the Greens locally, they just had the audicity to try and follow Green Party policy. I find it weird that you like Lucas but not the Green party. Lucas is Green through and through. If Corbyn could not lead a dog in the Park how is it that the Labour Party is now the biggest political party in Europe and I like many others joined or re-joined under his leadership.

Why exactly do you think he is not a good leader?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
[tweet]838511668426571777[/tweet]

Media bullcrap basically picking up on something that amounts to nothing.

Showpiece politics. I wish folk would stick to the narrative that matters.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

agree it is that, the trouble is he and his party make alot of political showpieces about others tax affairs.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Bull about the train seat, bull about the tax return, late and fined £100 over a tax return, attacked by senior labour figures for being a 'loser'. A marxist ideologist. What a fantastic leader of the opposition. He is politically a 'dead man walking'. A bloody Zombie.................:rave:

Total bunch of cobblers by the Tory press attack dogs to hide the fact that Hammond has got something to hide/doing a "Trump" as he won't release his tax returns

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Total bunch of cobblers by the Tory press attack dogs to hide the fact that Hammond has got something to hide/doing a "Trump" as he won't release his tax returns

Why the hell should he release his tax return? This is an utter distraction, and like their £1m tax returns is pointless chippy leftie bollocks.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Why the hell should he release his tax return? This is an utter distraction, and like their £1m tax returns is pointless chippy leftie bollocks.

the same reason you have to
ah well more votes for someone else other than the non-transparent tories
how many members do the labour party have now and do tell who are the largest party in Europe now
and just as an aside how many tory party members have left in the last year

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
a multimillion pound business that pays sweet FA in Tax

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
the same reason you have to
ah well more votes for someone else other than the non-transparent tories
how many members do the labour party have now and do tell who are the largest party in Europe now
and just as an aside how many tory party members have left in the last year

You are no doubt right in that the labour Party does indeed have many new members, and you can boast all you like about that. However that on its own means very little, other than the fact that thousands of luvvies, hypocrites and weirdos have flocked to the cause. The electorate, however, lives in this world and will have their say come the election.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here