Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Jeremy Corbyn thread

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I am aware of that, but Corbyn isn't going to start being electable and he is there to stay. It is rare, though, for the party of government to increase their majority in the house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Off the top of my head, in the last fifty years, 1966, 1974 (second election) and 1983. Labour almost did it in 2001. Not many.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
You seem happy to ignore the rather important point that nobody has had the chance to approve the actual outcome. I've yet to read a credible argument against having a vote on the deal negotiated.

The eventual outcome is leaving The EU as per the referendum.
Holding a second referendum on the specific deal could lead to a rejection vote, which in effect instructs the gov to go back to the negotiating table and try again.

How many times do the second referendumers want this to occur? This really would lead to a time of limbo and not be the false limbo phoney war we are in now. How many years of endless referendums leaving business not knowing when they are leaving and on what terms do you want?

Unless you ask the people in a second referendum exactly what they agree with and what they don’t (100`s of issues) how would you know which areas to go back and negotiate?

In essence a second referendum on the deal is bonkers.

Democracy will be represented though, as per article 50 the proposed deal will be voted on by the European Parliament. The Poles French Italian Romanian and all the other MEP`s will have their say. That should be enough to please any EU lover.

Let the Gov conclude the business.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The eventual outcome is leaving The EU as per the referendum.
Holding a second referendum on the specific deal could lead to a rejection vote, which in effect instructs the gov to go back to the negotiating table and try again.

How many times do the second referendumers want this to occur? This really would lead to a time of limbo and not be the false limbo phoney war we are in now. How many years of endless referendums leaving business not knowing when they are leaving and on what terms do you want?

Unless you ask the people in a second referendum exactly what they agree with and what they don’t (100`s of issues) how would you know which areas to go back and negotiate?

In essence a second referendum on the deal is bonkers.

Democracy will be represented though, as per article 50 the proposed deal will be voted on by the European Parliament. The Poles French Italian Romanian and all the other MEP`s will have their say. That should be enough to please any EU lover.

Let the Gov conclude the business.

Yep that's a credible argument alright. As we both know the second referendum policy is just a cynical political manoeuvre by the Europhile Lib Dems to try and gain votes from hardcore remainers unwilling to accept the previous outcome and circumvent the result. Not very liberal or democratic!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Indeed. We should absolutely have a vote. Parliament asked for input to their decison with the vote earlier this year and they should do so once they have something to present to us.

What happens if we reject it? Do we keep going ad-infinitum?

D

Deleted member 22389

I can't for the life of me understand what people see in this man or his party. Life carries on, but all his party do is bring everyone and everything down with their constant negativity.

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
hqdefault.jpg

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Jackie Walker suspended from the Labour Party for anti-semitic remarks....again. And likely to lose her position as deputy leader of Momentum. And another Labour Party activist, Kevine Walcott, has been reported to the compliance unit after an astonishing racist outburst at a C4 reporter who isn't even Jewish.

rby0xl.jpg

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
You could not make this up. Abbott has just said on TV that if her son was young again he would absolutely send him to state school because schools are much better now. No selective private school her her kids if she has any. She is a complete liar in my view. The news also went through labour inner circle who send their kids to private school or selective schools whilst against grammer schools (for other people, not themselves). Lord falconer kids to private schools (but ok as he said it wasnt a grammer school). Shamus mills kids to grammar schools. Emily thornbury sent them to a selective school. Shami Chatribati kid apparently applying to Easton. They are just nasty hypocrites.

In my dotage now, and have lived through several periods of Labour rule. I can only recall one period when the party made threatening noises about abolishing private schools. Despite several times in government they have not done so - so why do you think that is? The expression "you don't crxp on your own doorstep" springs to mind.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
You could not make this up. Abbott has just said on TV that if her son was young again he would absolutely send him to state school because schools are much better now..

A great advert for the Tory education policies. She sent her son to a selective school when Labour were in power but now under the Tories she believes that schools are better.

Cheers Diana, you mad hypocritical race-baiting loon. Every time you open that cavernous gob, Kier Hardie spins in his grave a little bit more.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Why doesn't Corbyn organise a demo outside the Russian embassy in London to stop the war in Syria. He could sing the red flag.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here