[Albion] The Japanese imperial flag in the away end at OT

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
For goodness sake please stay on track we are talking about a Japanese flag and it being seen as offensive to potentially another Nation
On track? Why would anyone want to stay on track? The track is a railroad to nowhere, and it is much more pleasing to leave the track and explore the nearby undergrowth.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
You see once again no comment from the club.
Why oh why, what with all the media attention we are getting, have we not employed a Vexillologist who understands all flags and their historical meanings.
Barbar out

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
On track? Why would anyone want to stay on track? The track is a railroad to nowhere, and it is much more pleasing to leave the track and explore the nearby undergrowth.
Yeah and if we come across any critters, we’ll deal with them.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
But it's not the wrong flag. It's a flag still in use in Japan and, apparently, not because they have expansionism intentions. The cross of St George or Union Jack is offensive in some areas but that doesn't mean we're going to stop waving it just because on tv someone might see it and be offended. I think if we were playing a friendly in Korea then that would be a different matter.
Come on Drew try and not conflate a discussion we are only talking about one flag that another nation takes offence at

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
You see once again no comment from the club.
Why oh why, what with all the media attention we are getting, have we not employed a Vexillologist who understands all flags and their historical meanings.
Barbar out
They’re too busy going back through the records seeing if Russell Brand attended any games at Withdean.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
So we’ve gone from Japanese Imperialism and it’s cruelty to railways…..,,
Did I say my dad fought in Burma……
My dad hated the Army Catering Cotr more than the Japanese he said.
Anyway who linked Japan and railways ? It was Harry Wilson Tackle not me.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I just had a click through to see what people were saying and lo and behold there are a couple of Japanese nationalists in the comments. Probably most of you are unfamiliar with these types but they will appear whenever they feel Japan might be being slighted in any way. They then unintentionally show everyone why it is some people might get upset with the kind of attitudes linked with that flag.
(And no, for the perpetual supporters of free speech, well my kind of free speech anyway, I'm not suggesting the people who had the flag at OT meant anything other than a show of support for Mitoma)
Flag wavers are the same the world over it seems.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
My grandfather was a PoW, held by the Japanese and missing presumed dead for a couple of years. Brought back a wooden cup the guards used to drink out of.

I'd ask him about flags but I never met him. Cool cup though.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
How did Imperial Japan's cruelty to railways manifest?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
As an aside. I really enjoyed the Tenko series back in the day.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Basically this. always someone getting offended on behalf of someone else.
Classic on Saturday during the minutes silence, heard someone shout out UNITED at the other end of the ground, and a few in our end started ssshhhh’ing . Adding to the noise.
One ssshhhhhh was loud and exaggrated it actually made most people laugh

taz

Feb 18, 2015
I'll have to be waving my pilot skull and crossbones kamikaze flag just for the pleasure of offending all the wet wipe wokey woke wokes

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports