Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Islamic Future of Britain

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I suppose it comes down to how you were taught the meaning of the religious doctrine you follow/inherited/deny.
I was raised C of E and can categorically say I have never been told sexual slavery is an acceptable practice. Nor was I molested by a priest.

I have never seen a member of the religion I follow/inherited/deny lop some blokes head off and say it is justifiable either.

But that's just the 'bad ones'.

So was I raised C of E, and neither have I been told that sexual slavery is acceptable, and I absolutely don't think that right thinking Christians will believe it is acceptable; any more than I believe that right thinking muslims will think it acceptable either. The "debate" was simply in response to the incorrect point that the Koran is the only holy text that has a passage that can be interpreted in that way.

To your murder point: Maybe not, but we have seen a British soldier shoot an unarmed combatant lying at his feet and telling the squaddie standing next to him to not say anything as "that didn't happen".

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The New Testament was written as an 'update' to the old one and doesn't include some of the older/outdated teachings.

what utter horse crap. New Testament is a new series of teaching, not a rewrite of the previous series. both testaments are considered as canon by the vast majority of christians churches. the fact that they are often inconsistent with each other and the Old series teaches stuff we dont follow, like or would touch with a barge pole, is a core argument against the whole stupid mess of religious belied in the first place.

very few christians draw exclusivly from the new testament, picking and chosing which bits they accept from the old. so the teachings that they dont like are still supposed to be valid, even if they dont match real morality. doesnt hide the point made by Golstone1976, theres an awfull lot of other stuff in the old series that we wouldnt abide by anymore, but its there in the religious text that are supposed to be followed in their entirety.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I've got no facts or figures to back up this theory up but i'd suggest that much like the 'indigenous' population in the uk have done many of the second and third generation muslims will turn their backs on Islam.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
To your murder point: Maybe not, but we have seen a British soldier shoot an unarmed combatant lying at his feet and telling the squaddie standing next to him to not say anything as "that didn't happen".

Did the British Soldier do it in the name of religion?
Come to think of it, why did the British Soldier do it?

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
That's strange because if you visit any church congregation you will generally find an above average IQ. Most I've been part of have had teachers, lawyers, judges, business leaders, doctors, dentists etc. as key members.

It's amazing that people that well educated can be led as blindly as that.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Well they would say they are not being led blindly.

Keep on telling them they are though because you know better.

It is a relief that you agree with me.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
It is indeed odd that there are huge numbers of intelligent and highly educated people who have a faith. As well as huge numbers of less intelligent and poorly educated people who do. Oh, as well as huge numbers of both intelligent and highly educated people, and poorly educated people who don't have a faith.

It's almost as though intelligence and education are not linked in any meaningful way to whether or not someone has a faith. Who'd have thunk?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
what utter horse crap. New Testament is a new series of teaching, not a rewrite of the previous series. both testaments are considered as canon by the vast majority of christians churches. the fact that they are often inconsistent with each other and the Old series teaches stuff we dont follow, like or would touch with a barge pole, is a core argument against the whole stupid mess of religious belied in the first place.

very few christians draw exclusivly from the new testament, picking and chosing which bits they accept from the old. so the teachings that they dont like are still supposed to be valid, even if they dont match real morality. doesnt hide the point made by Golstone1976, theres an awfull lot of other stuff in the old series that we wouldnt abide by anymore, but its there in the religious text that are supposed to be followed in their entirety.

Quite. My brother-in-law is a member of a church here that believes the book of Genesis word for word and you cannot have a sensible discussion about it with him. Blind faith, based upon what someone at his church tells him to believe. I have often asked him "if your church leader tells you to jump off a cliff to be closer to God, will you do it?" I have yet to receive a reply.

ALL of his actions outside of church are monitored, including what he reads on the internet etc. It is basically a cult, but he refuses to see that. Thankfully, they do not appear to up to anything unsavoury at the moment (not that we know about anyway), but should the leaders of this church decide that this is the route they want to follow, I suspect that many of their members will follow them unquestioningly. Worrying and rather disturbing.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Its PC not to challenge such issues, yet our political leaders fail to do so. Until very recently it was forbidden to talk openly about immigration or illegal immigration for fear of being a racist. Down here in sunny Sussex we have very little knowledge of what is happening in ghettoised areas that house those of other religions and how the original ethnic Britain has to cope with it. I have worked abroad with a totally Muslim population and can say that there are those who are very much into their religion and those who are totally disinterested, but one observation that I will make is that they are all mobilised very quickly. We all missed the movement of many Muslims to Syria and failed to understand what was going on, the poster has been lampooned and criticised on here because it is the populist thing to do, but some thought should be given to what he says, its not frivolous.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Quite. My brother-in-law is a member of a church here that believes the book of Genesis word for word and you cannot have a sensible discussion about it with him. Blind faith, based upon what someone at his church tells him to believe. I have often asked him "if your church leader tells you to jump off a cliff to be closer to God, will you do it?" I have yet to receive a reply.

ALL of his actions outside of church are monitored, including what he reads on the internet etc. It is basically a cult, but he refuses to see that. Thankfully, they do not appear to up to anything unsavoury at the moment (not that we know about anyway), but should the leaders of this church decide that this is the route they want to follow, I suspect that many of their members will follow them unquestioningly. Worrying and rather disturbing.

Has your brother in laws cult stoned people in broad daylight in front of a willing audience, or sent their children for FMG, or made their women second class citizens with no rights, or strapped explosives to themselves to kill innocent people, used their children as a barricade, trained their YOUNG children to shoot and kill. Has your brother in laws cult killed or beheaded anyone recently or at all.
Does this cult follow a "god" that married a 6 year old and consummated the marriage when she was 9 years old.........if yes then i would definitely be worried about your brother in law and his cult KZN.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Has your brother in laws cult stoned people in broad daylight in front of a willing audience, or sent their children for FMG, or made their women second class citizens with no rights, or strapped explosives to themselves to kill innocent people, used their children as a barricade, trained their YOUNG children to shoot and kill. Has your brother in laws cult killed or beheaded anyone recently or at all.
Does this cult follow a "god" that married a 6 year old and consummated the marriage when she was 9 years old.........if yes then i would definitely be worried about your brother in law and his cult KZN.

Not yet. But who knows what the future holds? I am just using it as an example of how some people of any faith will do anything to serve their "God".

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Not yet. But who knows what the future holds? I am just using it as an example of how some people of any faith will do anything to serve their "God".

Agreed, but maybe worry about those that have followed their faith to the letter, not those who might/could do/a possibility....cross that bridge IF it happens.....meantime what is happening NOW needs attention eh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here