Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Islamic Future of Britain

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
So?

500 years ago Britain was a Catholic country.

Islam is the fastest growing religion in the World. Why is it any surprise that it is growing in popularity in the UK just like everywhere else?

The big thing for me is that if somebody identifies as a Christian they'll usually be viewed as a bit simple, whereas if somebody identifies as a Muslim, we generally accept it as part of their cultural heritage.

Islam is just as stupid as Christianity. They still believe in a make believe man up in the sky. We are just too scared to mock these people, like we mock Christians, for fear of being labelled racists

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
The big thing for me is that if somebody identifies as a Christian they'll usually be viewed as a bit simple, whereas if somebody identifies as a Muslim, we generally accept it as part of their cultural heritage.

Islam is just as stupid as Christianity. They still believe in a make believe man up in the sky. We are just too scared to mock these people, like we mock Christians, for fear of being labelled racists

Probably the funniest post I've seen on here in a very long time.

Thanks Colossal Squid

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
don't you like football on a Saturday?

Using your extrapolation by 2060 they will exceed 100% and by 2070 will represent 200% of the UK population.

Even a pro multi-cultural person like me would worry if 200% of the UK is Muslim.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Islam will suffer the same fate as Christianity. Science and education will make sure of that.

Although we do need to stop ruining Middle Eastern countries and help them gain access to those things.

Sorry that's poo poo, Muslims have had a rich history in science and education since day one and are well known for this. What we are seeing now is something completely different for many varied reasons which all need to be addressed.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
More religious ramblings.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Britain is in denial. There is no real public debate on a historic event that is transforming the country. Mention of it occasionally surfaces in the media, but the mainstream political class never openly discuss it.
What is that historic event? By the year 2050, in a mere 36 years, Britain will be a majority Muslim nation.
This projection is based on reasonably good data. Between 2004 and 2008, the Muslim population of the UK grew at an annual rate of 6.7 percent, making Muslims 4 percent of the population in 2008. Extrapolating from those figures would mean that the Muslim population in 2020 would be 8 percent, 15 percent in 2030, 28 percent in 2040 and finally, in 2050, the Muslim population of the UK would exceed 50 percent of the total population.
Would you be happy with this??

This would seek to presume that the population of the UK would need to be around 110 million.

And, of course, a sustained 40-year+ growth rate.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
dont be such a cretin, you cant take a 4 year period and extroplate out to 50 years. why does the sample stop at 2008? is it because since then there hasnt been the same rate? or its just bad data, because its not consistant with the census for a start.

Islam will suffer the same fate as Christianity. Science and education will make sure of that.

while we can hope, a thousand years of history suggests they wont. there's the appetite for education, there's the history of science, but oddly in the main theres too much holding on to old ways.

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
By 2050, I will be dead. I don't really care. I think it will be more likely the multi-corporations will make us their slaves within a fascist political framework - the result of war and global famine. Religion will probably be outlawed and destroyed in the process.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
From WikiLeaks:

The 2001 UK census showed a population of 1.6 million Muslims. In April 2008, the Home Secretary Jacqui Smith announced that HMG estimated the Muslim population at 2 million or 3.3% of the UK population. This represented an increase of 400,000 in seven years. The 1951 census showed a population of Muslims of less than 22,000. Therefore between 1951 and 2001 (50 years) there had been an annualized increase of 31,500 Muslims in the UK, but in the seven year period between 2001 and 2008 there was an actual annualized increase of 57,000. The rate of increase as measured by decades has slowed, however. In 1961, the population of Muslims in the UK was 2.5 times what it had been in 1951. Between 1961 and 1971 the Muslim population multiplied an astonishing 5 times its previous population. Thereafter the Muslim population's rate of growth began to slow. In 1981 it was only 2.4 times the 1971 population (this was attributed to the ending of unlimited Commonwealth immigration in the early 1970's). In 1991 it was only 1.7 times what it had been in 1981; and between 1991 and 2001 it only grew by 1.6 times the previous population. Based on a projected 2011 population of 2.2 million, the rate of increase between 2001 and 2011 is estimated to be 1.4 times the 2001 figure. In overall numbers, the UK Muslim population is rapidly increasing, but its rate of growth is slowly decreasing. Changes to UK visa rules announced in 2008 may slow this rate even more.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
4th century science and education.

Take a trip to Istanbul and ask any of the Turks who have had access to a good education whether they believe in God - I would be confident they would tell you no, or don't know.

The same applies in Iran, Egypt, or wherever - anyone with access to good education is generally agnostic or atheist, or with a limited devotion to religion.

I don't doubt you fella, I was on about Islam has had a long and proud history of both science and education so you cannot imply they have never had these. I think however like all religions things change be it attitudes and reactions of the here and now hence why I said what we are seeing in this day and age is a kin to the attitudes the Catholic Church had during the medieval times.

We need to address the worries and fears of Islam in the Middle East and accept our part in the situation be it wrong or right. Then and only then can we move forward as moderate forms of Islam will prevail. I am not religious and think that it is in basically a moral guide and should be respected even if you don't believe it.

Have a good evening

LDN

Sep 22, 2011
London
Because I just read this post the advert in the top right corner is now asking me if I'd like to meet single Muslims.

Thanks Google.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here