Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Islamic Future of Britain

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I can't see the big deal. Unless NSC is full of practicing Chritians that feel threatened about their right to practice their relegion in 2051

I am a practising Christian, but I will probably be dead by 2051, and I don't feel threatened by it anyway.

But then I think the forecast by the OP was akin to those who thought that Westminster bridge would be six feet deep in Horse manure if horse drawn-traffic kept increasing at the same rate in Victorian Times.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Hallal means no bacon sandwiches, no hot dogs, no bear, no pubs.

If he goes, I go.

o-BEAR-GRYLLS-facebook.jpg

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Hallal means no bacon sandwiches, no hot dogs, no bear, no pubs. Virtually a choice of chicken or fish in chinese take aways.

Actually... Halal means "allowed". Haram means "forbidden". Neither Lamb & Beef are haram [provided they are prepared in accordance with Sharia] and so all that would be off the menu would be pork and prawns.

Alcohol is forbidden to Muslims, but pubs themselves are acceptable. And I don't recall any specific reference to bears (polar, brown or grizzly) but, personally speaking, I'm happy to have them struck off the menu too.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Well from my own experience where you have a town, where the majority of people follow Islam, the shops and obviously area change to reflect this.

It's a bit like holiday resorts in the Med, where you can buy lager and The Sun, and watch Sky Sports in all the bars then? i.e. supply changes as a result in changes in demand.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
But then I think the forecast by the OP was akin to those who thought that Westminster bridge would be six feet deep in Horse manure if horse drawn-traffic kept increasing at the same rate in Victorian Times.

Are you suggesting that technology is going to make Muslims obsolete!?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
This is specious rubbish. In Malaya for example Sharia Law specificly applies to muslims handed down by the equivelant upper house to their parliament. Also any native Malay is by law a muslim from birth. I doubt I have to go far to find it imposed on on beleivers, its far from the chummy little voluntary club you describe.

Where's Malaya? Do they serve bears there?

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
This is specious rubbish. In Malaya for example Sharia Law specificly applies to muslims handed down by the equivelant upper house to their parliament. Also any native Malay is by law a muslim from birth. I doubt I have to go far to find it imposed on on beleivers, its far from the chummy little voluntary club you describe.

It is one of the basic tenets of their religion, so it is "imposed" on believers - that's pretty much what believing in an organised religion means (admittedly the Church of England are pretty lax about their rules provided you stop short of actually worshipping Satan, but the others all take it pretty seriously). However, in this country (which is what the discussion was about), there is no imperative to believe and the courts hold no weight in a legal sense and so remove no rights from either party to pursue conventional legal action - but most importantly do not apply not non-believers... so nothing is being forced on the indigenous population which is what has been implied.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
They might have been right for all we know if horse drawn-traffic had kept increasing.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
They might have been right for all we know if horse drawn-traffic had kept increasing.

I'm pretty sure that Dave has actually got the original quote wrong and it had nothing to do with horses or bridges! It was bullsh*t building up in the Palace of Westminster.

Either way, 87.3% of statistics are just made up on the spot anyway!

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
It is one of the basic tenets of their religion, so it is "imposed" on believers - that's pretty much what believing in an organised religion means (admittedly the Church of England are pretty lax about their rules provided you stop short of actually worshipping Satan, but the others all take it pretty seriously). However, in this country (which is what the discussion was about), there is no imperative to believe and the courts hold no weight in a legal sense and so remove no rights from either party to pursue conventional legal action - but most importantly do not apply not non-believers... so nothing is being forced on the indigenous population which is what has been implied.

Well I went to a chinese buffet, the hallal signs were above(not advertised outside) the food and no pork. a seperate trolly had some rather pathetic cocktail sausages on it. I wont be going back.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Actually... Halal means "allowed". Haram means "forbidden". Neither Lamb & Beef are haram [provided they are prepared in accordance with Sharia] and so all that would be off the menu would be pork and prawns.

Alcohol is forbidden to Muslims, but pubs themselves are acceptable. And I don't recall any specific reference to bears (polar, brown or grizzly) but, personally speaking, I'm happy to have them struck off the menu too.

You will have to see my other post for an answer to that question. I do know what halaal and haraam mean thanks but didnt know prawns were forbidden though.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
I think it was Abu Hamza who said (with regard to the Muslim "invasion" of the West), "We will invade you because of our numbers, and we will defeat you because of your democracy."

Sadly, posterity will prove him right.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I think it was Abu Hamza who said (with regard to the Muslim "invasion" of the West), "We will invade you because of our numbers, and we will defeat you because of your democracy."

Sadly, posterity will prove him right.

I like this quote from George Smiley in the Tinker, Tailor novel:

Peter Guillam: "So Karla's fireproof. He can't be bought, and he can't be beaten."
George Smiley: "NOT fireproof! Because's he's a fanatic! I may have acted like a soft dolt, the very archetype of a flabby Western liberal but I'd rather be my kind of fool than his. One day that lack of moderation will be Karla's downfall."

It seems apt.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
A friend of mine is a gynaecologist in Hartlepool. He told me recently he hasn't seen a pube for about five years, as the local lasses prefer to vajazzle them.

You are obviously to excited about meeting Rosa to actually bother reading what I had wrote.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Britain is in denial. There is no real public debate on a historic event that is transforming the country. Mention of it occasionally surfaces in the media, but the mainstream political class never openly discuss it.
What is that historic event? By the year 2050, in a mere 36 years, Britain will be a majority Muslim nation.
This projection is based on reasonably good data. Between 2004 and 2008, the Muslim population of the UK grew at an annual rate of 6.7 percent, making Muslims 4 percent of the population in 2008. Extrapolating from those figures would mean that the Muslim population in 2020 would be 8 percent, 15 percent in 2030, 28 percent in 2040 and finally, in 2050, the Muslim population of the UK would exceed 50 percent of the total population.
Would you be happy with this??

but Dubai will be 90% British (OK Scottish)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Thanks for your well considered and thoughtful contribution! :ffsparr:

Would a sense of humour be halal or haram in Muslim Britain? Omid Djalili apart there seem to be few laughs east of Istanbul.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
The muslims I know all seem pretty decent and an improvement on some of the christians I know. Can't see it having a massive issue on my day to day life if we were a country with a majorty population made up of muslims. Doubt it very much tho.......
Holy shite we have some freaks in this country...you know lovely muslims fair enough,but they change rather quickly once extremist get to their heads,just like the 500 who were recently brainwashed even more.

Once 500 becomes 5,000 then 10,000 then you'll know it...Open your eyes

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here