Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The ISIS Crisis: About Time Too Dave

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
:lolol: No it's nothing like launching an attack on Iraq from Turkey.

Ok. So where did they come from? Thin air? And it's the Kurds they attacked, something the Turks would support.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Anyone yet think this is all manipulated by the same people?

Someone must be getting rich out of all this misery.

The U.S is going down the tubes financially... Selling weapons and getting involved in wars ticks a lot of boxes and helps keeps them afloat. The U.S main commodities are Oil (see Iraq) Pharmaceuticals (see Afghanistan) and Weapons (They are happy to sell them to anyone whilst stirring the pot on both sides)

Let's not forget they also trained Al-Quida and also sold Saddam weapons for years.

The UK aren't much better through our history but the yanks are just ruthless in my book.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Ok. So where did they come from? Thin air? And it's the Kurds they attacked, something the Turks would support.

They may have been funnelled into Syria from Turkey as well as many other places with all the other anti Assad groups.
They have attacked kurds...yes..they have also attacked Al Nusra (al Qaeda), Iraqis, Iranians, Syrians.... your conspiracy theory is without much merit mate.

errr...you do realise that the Kurdish area involves Turkey, Iraq, Syria and Iran yeah?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I see Anjem Choudary has helpfully declared the Caliphate as legitimate and British Muslims have "no choice" but to pledge allegiance (3.15)

what a spanner.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Here's something I'd like to know the answer to. How did ISIS manage to launch their attack on Iraq from Turkey, a NATO member - without NATO knowing?
They didnt, they came from Syria where they have been fighting all sides in the civil war there.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Good debate this. Unfortunately, I have to go out - But I will be back at some point! But as with many things, there is more to this than the BBC, CNN, FOX or indeed the rest of the mainstream would have you to believe. Dig a little deeper, and make up your own minds. Have fun. But play nice :thumbsup:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

They came from all over the place, the European ones went on vaction to Syria via Turkey.

ISIS are Sunni based and in Northern Iraq they are Sunni, and the Iraqi Government is Shia. Assad in Syria is Shia.

amap-isis.jpg

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
They didnt, they came from Syria where they have been fighting all sides in the civil war there.

So they just appeared from thin air did they?

May 27, 2014
Can anyone tell me why it's not possible for the US with its sophisticated military equipment to take out most of the IS forces in one or two air raids. Surely they know from satellite pictures are where these scum-bags are situated. Just extinguish them all. No questions asked.

OK - you destroy ISIS, then you are back to square one - a government in Baghdad whose writ does not even cover that city - essentially a power vacuum has been created which inevitably will lead to yet another extreme group trying to seize power - just as Al-Queida did after the western invasion. It's not the west's lack of intervention that is the root of the difficulties - it is the west's constant attempts to re-fashion the entire middle eastern region according to it's own prescription [which essentially is about trying to install 'democratic' pro-western governments who will sell us oil]. Trying to install democracy in a country which has no history of it is clearly a dreadful idea which has created utter chaos.
However shrinking reserves of oil mean that we will be soon dealing with the psychopathic despots of Central Asia who boil their opponents alive. Be interesting to see how our rulers deal with that particular situation. No doubt more 'regime change' will be on their minds again!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
They may have been funnelled into Syria from Turkey as well as many other places with all the other anti Assad groups.
They have attacked kurds...yes..they have also attacked Al Nusra (al Qaeda), Iraqis, Iranians, Syrians.... your conspiracy theory is without much merit mate.

errr...you do realise that the Kurdish area involves Turkey, Iraq, Syria and Iran yeah?

Sigh. Yes Dave I do - Stop being patronising will you, no need for it mate!

My question remains, where did they arm and form up, if not Turkey?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Sigh. Yes Dave I do - Stop being patronising will you, no need for it mate!

My question remains, where did they arm and form up, if not Turkey?

They formed up with the other rebel fighters in Syria, where they have been fighting Assads forces, and more recently, the rebel groups they originally joined.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
They formed up with the other rebel fighters in Syria, where they have been fighting Assads forces, and more recently, the rebel groups they originally joined.

See my last post responding to Westdean.

I really have to go, the Mrs is badgering me!

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
So they just appeared from thin air did they?
In theory yes,.... they just formed from a mismatched group of largely Sunni fanatics who are Syrian/Iraqi at its core, but as is normal for these groups, are well supplemented by extremely motivated Sunni and other fanatics from all over the world, a sort of call to arms. Some probably drifted to the area through Turkey, yes, but the vast majority were already in the Sunni dominated regions of NW Iraq and NE Syria.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
OK - you destroy ISIS, then you are back to square one - a government in Baghdad whose writ does not even cover that city - essentially a power vacuum has been created which inevitably will lead to yet another extreme group trying to seize power - just as Al-Queida did after the western invasion. It's not the west's lack of intervention that is the root of the difficulties - it is the west's constant attempts to re-fashion the entire middle eastern region according to it's own prescription [which essentially is about trying to install 'democratic' pro-western governments who will sell us oil]. Trying to install democracy in a country which has no history of it is clearly a dreadful idea which has created utter chaos.
However shrinking reserves of oil mean that we will be soon dealing with the psychopathic despots of Central Asia who boil their opponents alive. Be interesting to see how our rulers deal with that particular situation. No doubt more 'regime change' will be on their minds again!

Bombing a country to democracy will never be democratic, it's a blatant contradiction. If anything we have delnied the natural road of evolution to democracy for these countries.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
They came from all over the place, the European ones went on vaction to Syria via Turkey.

ISIS are Sunni based and in Northern Iraq they are Sunni, and the Iraqi Government is Shia. Assad in Syria is Shia.

View attachment 57601

Build a big wall around the red bits. Put all the IS and sympathisers (so half of Luton then) in the red bit. Rehouse all the non IS (Christians/Shia/Yazidis/moderates) from the red bit in the homes vacated by IS bods outside the red bit. Restrict trade and travel barring the odd trip to Mecca. Islamic Caliphate created...job done.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Oh ok. The same rebels the West has been supporting then?

The moderate opposition were making some headway in Syria, but a combination of the tardiness of the west's in providing support and their own incompetence, has seen them fade away. At least that is according to Malcolm Rifkind who has been making some intelligent noises on this during the past week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here