Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The International Break

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
This antipathy towards the man who is clearly the most successful England manager for many years is just getting pathetic now. We can all argue about particular picks but he hasn't done badly with those he has chosen. And frankly to ascribe the lack of Brighton players picked to his history with Palace is laughable.

I would like to see March picked in the squad but how many of us would pick him to actually play ahead of Saka?
Successful? The cabinet is empty

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
pointless having an international break. should have been scrapped given the WC took a month out of our schedule.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
There is an absolute dearth of centre back options for Southgate at the moment, but you just know that Mings, Maguire and Coady will all be called up ahead of Dunk - it is scandalous.

Not sure when the squad is announced but Colwill almost certainly would have been called up if it wasn't for his injury. If he starts against Leeds he might have an outside chance given Southgate's lack of options.

It'll be interesting to see whether White makes the squad after whatever happened at the World Cup.

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Can't believe this wanker is still in charge. Another couple of years of not watching them won't do me any harm.

The usual rubbish will be in the squad, Kane, Coady, Tarkowski, Rice, Henderson, Maguire and Phillips (both of who have barely played all season!) - and he will reel out the same excuses as before the WC. I think I t terms of Maguire (who wasn't playing) he defended the selection by saying something along the line of there not being anyone able to step into his shoes.

The guy is a fraud, an imbecile. Someone further up said he's been to the Amex once, that was probably watching some player from a "big" club. Absolutely disgrace of a coach.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The cabinet's been empty since 1966! My point was a relative one. More successful than other England managers.
Having the best crop of players most have ever had when compared to other national teams of the period, he has made us the bridesmaid, that is all.

We will look back at his tenure in years to come and talk about if only.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
The cabinet's been empty since 1966! My point was a relative one. More successful than other England managers.
And it was empty before then as well. I think your point is valid, although you will find little support on here. Al Qaeda are more positive about England than NSC! :)

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
This antipathy towards the man who is clearly the most successful England manager for many years is just getting pathetic now. We can all argue about particular picks but he hasn't done badly with those he has chosen. And frankly to ascribe the lack of Brighton players picked to his history with Palace is laughable.

I would like to see March picked in the squad but how many of us would pick him to actually play ahead of Saka?
He is successful with a squad full of quality players against poor to mediocre sides, the first real test in any tournament and it’s bye bye England. He just not very good tactically unfortunately wasting a great crop English talent.

South Oz Seagull

Jan 2, 2022
Norwood SA

No spark, no fire, no passion. Southgate is a dull, mediocre loser who keeps your national team down. It's almost like the other significant footballing nations got together and did a deal with the devil to ensure England could be kept as impotent as possible. And the devil said....keep old Gareth at the helm and all your wishes shall be met other footballing nations.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I can't stand Southgate and wish he'd gone after 2018 WC. He wouldn't get in a RDZ team as he lacks the requirement of big balls.

As for Solly, whilst the recognition would be good, what's the point? He isn't going to get the nod ahead of Saka. We've got too many important games coming up.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
The next one is 20-28 March, so the whole English footballing world has to drop everything so that Gareth Southgate can pull his usual tedious stunt of ignoring players at smaller but successful clubs.

Or do you think he's woken up yet? Surely he's learnt his lesson as Dunk continues to play superbly while shite like Keane and Coady continue to embarrass themselves. But while it's probably too late for one of the Albion's best ever defenders, perhaps it isn't for Solly March. If ever there was a call up that needed to happen soon, it is Solly in an England shirt, what with him being instrumental in our push for 4th spot.

However, will the clueless Palace clown give him a chance? Or will he continue to pick rubbish flash-in-the-pan types like Coady, Mings and Eric Dier?

I'm hoping March gets a chance just to make that week a bit more bearable.
No chance whatsoever.
Our waistcoated wizard is a chancer. He’s managed to get himself a long term top job with absolutely no success on his CV
And a monumental failure which isn’t going to change anytime soon.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

He's pathetic. He's succeeded with weak draws and bottled it when necessary. The decision to put Sancho and Rashford on with no chance of them getting into the game and just to take penalties was naive in the extreme. I've never rated him but there are some that can only look at stats. Good luck to you.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I can't stand Southgate and wish he'd gone after 2018 WC. He wouldn't get in a RDZ team as he lacks the requirement of big balls.

As for Solly, whilst the recognition would be good, what's the point? He isn't going to get the nod ahead of Saka. We've got too many important games coming up.
The point is that it would make Solly happy... which would be nice

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Solly would be made up, a huge reward for and highlight in a career that just gets better and better.

Saka would hopefully not play the full 90+ minutes of each game, giving Solly a chance.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Bet Bobby Robson would’ve preferred Croatia over West Germany.

Statistically, he is the most successful in recent times that cannot be denied, however I would suggest he has blown our two best chances of winning anything, by being tactically inept.

His squad selection is and remains baffling.

All opinions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here