Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The international break has come at a good time

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I don't care about the players - I'm drained.

It's been a frenetic period, and I need a bit of a break.

Usually, I wouldn't say I like these early season international breaks - it feels like the season takes ages to get properly going, but on this occasion I'm thankful for it.

Two weeks or R&R and we go again.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
This is true, but part of me is annoyed because this seems like an unusually good time to play Man City.

Having said that, I'm sure a lot of teams are thinking "this seems like an unusually good time to play Brighton". But yesterday feels like a turning point to me and I feel like one more game right now would establish that beyond doubt.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Agree and I do think it’s come at a good time for the manager and players to regroup and have a rest from matches, especially on the back of two morale boosting comeback performances.

Two more weeks for RDZ to work with Baleba, Igor (assuming fit), Dahoud and Joao Pedro can only be a good thing too remembering what he did during the world cup with the players not there.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
How many players will actually get a rest? We have a lot of internationals.

It must be really exhausting being a footballer! I didn’t have much appreciation for that before but I do a bit more now.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I appreciate the players didn't go on the lash and get stuck on the stairwell for 3 hours but it did occur to me how short the break between the games was when I stepped off the plane Saturday night and thought "kin hell, another one tomorrow"

All credit for the performance, I was half expecting us to get battered.

Back on point, I might spend some time with my family this weekend. They seem like nice people.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
This is true, but part of me is annoyed because this seems like an unusually good time to play Man City.

Having said that, I'm sure a lot of teams are thinking "this seems like an unusually good time to play Brighton". But yesterday feels like a turning point to me and I feel like one more game right now would establish that beyond doubt.
I think the turning point was just before half time in Marseille. We weren't playing well, passes were off, players were unsure where others were, and then a couple of passes hit the mark, and you could almost see the confidence grow, belief spread through the team, Marseille suddenly saw it and all of a sudden the game changed. It carried on immediatly after the restart, and since then we have looked much more like the team from a month ago

Yesterday showed that the second half in Marseille was not a "good 45 mins", but that the first half was the (hopeful) end to a bad couple of weeks

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
How many players will actually get a rest? We have a lot of internationals.

It must be really exhausting being a footballer! I didn’t have much appreciation for that before but I do a bit more now.
Look, this isn't about the players - it's about me.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I'm going to need this break and the next, to help save up for December.

8 game month.
Going to be pricey.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
I don't care about the players - I'm drained.

It's been a frenetic period, and I need a bit of a break.

Usually, I wouldn't say I like these early season international breaks - it feels like the season takes ages to get properly going, but on this occasion I'm thankful for it.

Two weeks or R&R and we go again.
Absolutely spot on Bozza- my voice and throat are broken. I need a holiday to recover 😂 think it will take a few weeks to repair the hamstring I tweaked running for different planes and buses

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
This next international break could be season-defining (for @Bozza, by the sounds of it).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here