Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The interesting thing about rumours is.....

Early Doors

Coach
Sep 15, 2003
Horsham
That the more different sources you hear them from, the more credibility you tend to give them.

I had a situation to do with my work where, because I heard a rumour from 4 or 5 different sources, I started to believe it could be true.
Then I tracked down each source, and found they all originated from 1 source. I then knew it was purely romour-mongering/ timewasting/ complete bollocks/ shit-stirring. Whatever you want to call it.

These rumours about DC going to Reading are appearing from different people, in different places. Or are they? They are appearing on different chat sites. But the originating source is quite possibly the same person in different guises on here and on hob nob. People then add their bit, and it snow-balls.

I was going to prove a point by using different names on here and on hob nob, to start a rumour that Coppout is about to buy Ingmarson (far more likely than him buying DC), and watch as the rumour started spreading, and gaining credibilty. BUT I can't be arsed, because unlike FG (oops did I let slip with the likely shit-stirrers name :ohmy: ) I have got better things to do with my time!!

Early Doors

Coach
Sep 15, 2003
Horsham
Ingmarson is done deal.
Zamora season long loan, with view to permanent transfer has hit snags. But expect it to be finalised next week.

glosterseagull

Oct 2, 2003
Early Doors said:
I was going to prove a point by using different names on here and on hob nob, to start a rumour that Coppout is about to buy Ingmarson (far more likely than him buying DC), and watch as the rumour started spreading, and gaining credibilty. BUT I can't be arsed......

yes! Really:dunce: :)

Strangull

Jul 11, 2003
Cullip and Knight to Reading.

Moralee coming back after a blinder for Forest Green.

Booker and team to get the push when Cott comes in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here