Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Half-Hoof

jackcgull

Feb 1, 2008
Amersham
I know that our game is based on controlling the ball and passing it around and in and out of defence, but there are times when the defenders can't help themselves and decide to hoof it out. Many times they seem to remember at the point of clearing that gus is watching and won't stand for a hoof at any time. This leads them to producing a 'Half-Hoof' where they kind of play it aimlessly up field to just inside the halfway line and back it comes at pace.

Personally, I am all for playing it out, but once the defender makes the decision to hoof - then be committed to it and hoof it good!

bhamex1901

Dec 20, 2010
I see what your saying. I think our weakness is not breaking quickly when we have the chance. There were a number of times against Palace where we were so scared of losing the ball that we decided not to take a chance and gave up great chances to wrap up the game and put it to bed.

jackcgull

Feb 1, 2008
Amersham
there is that. but it just seems that simply hoofing it into row Z is so anti-gus that they end up passing it out for a throw or up the line to no one (not noone) and back it comes before they have re-grouped. i suspect there is a fine system in place - £50 for each row of the stand you hoof it to.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
there were times 20 minutes from the end of the palace game when they should have f***ing whacked it out the ground rather than passing it across their own 6 yard line with palace players sensing blood

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here