Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Greatest Season in the History of the Club?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Cant agree. Mullery going up with fewer resources in 1979 beats this season.

Bollocks. With the disparity in finance due to parachute payments, its never been harder to get out of this league, ESPECIALLY when you're complying with FFP rules which never existed in 79.

Our record signing is 4m, and we have the 9th biggest wagebill in the division. Despite that, we finished within a MINUTE of winning the thing. Going up in 79 was a huge achievement of course, but it was a much more level playing field back then.

Just look at the teams we've finished above, and their resources these days, and tell me this is less of an achievement that Mullary in 79.

B52

Jan 23, 2013
Super Seaford From the South
But, the 92 from 43, was a great way to start

I don't think any Albion supporter is not appreciative of the efforts of the team and club in getting us into the PL, however, if you are happy at the way we thew away the title after getting a 7 point lead with 3 games to go, good luck.
I for one happen to think winning the title was very important for the club as goodness knows when the next opportunity will come round

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I don't think any Albion supporter is not appreciative of the efforts of the team and club in getting us into the PL, however, if you are happy at the way we thew away the title after getting a 7 point lead with 3 games to go, good luck.
I for one happen to think winning the title was very important for the club as goodness knows when the next opportunity will come round

Well, I think the aim is that it will not come around again for a long time as we will be in the league above.

I can understand the disappointment, but this is the greatest achievement in the history of the club and nothing should detract from that.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
If you are appreciative of the teams efforts for gaining promotion,why are you using the failure to win the Championship as a stick to beat them with.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
78/9 was better, despite the recession. Especially at home.
The first three seasons in the top flight were quite good as well.

The season seemed four games too many this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here