Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Greatest Scenes in Films

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
MAny, many scenes but some that spring to mind for pure acting ability, in no significant order..

Ruprect

Dirty Rotten Scondrels.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Robert Shaw's monologue in Jaws, about when the ship he was on in the war was torpedoed, and the first twenty (?) minutes, as in opening scene, from Saving Private Ryan :thumbsup:

The USS Indianapolis, deliverd the H Bomb that dropped on Hiroshima. The captain later killed himself in his twighlight years as he was dishonourably discharged for zigzagging when told not to do so. He was posthumously cleared of any wrongdoing after a long campaign as it was clear there was nothing he could have done to save the ship. Just as an aside like.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
It's official, I have no heart.
Maybe it's because I have no idea of the context. From the music it sounds like the end of the film and I have no idea what happens before!

Watch the film and it is GUARANTEED to do your canister! FACT! :smile:

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Watch the film and it is GUARANTEED to do your canister! FACT! :smile:

Guaranteed? Even for a man who has never cried at a book, film, song or TV show? :nono:

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
It's official, I have no heart.
Maybe it's because I have no idea of the context. From the music it sounds like the end of the film and I have no idea what happens before!

you have never seen this film man really shocking

its amazing i love it

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
You can't call a thread "The Greatest Scenes in Film" and then try and dictate what sort of scenes can be included based on what you think!

I was hoping to avoid things like "that bit at the end of that film when the zombie jumps out at her, wow that scared me!" And fair play, you've avoided it!

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
This scene is amazing

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Agree with the opening post True Romance was & still is one of my fav films & the scene with Walken & Hopper is my all time Classic the tension builds the music reaches a crescendo hopper finds courage in the face of death and abuses Walken as he takes a draw on his last cigarette , great dialogue a very moving scene

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here