Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The great football cliche LIST.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
One of the newest ones I’ve come across recently is PROJECT. It seems to be the first thing that players mention when they sign for a new club. What is this project? Is it winning as many games as possible and finishing as high as you can?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The team showed a lot of CHARACTER out there. I mean they lost 3-0, but CHARACTER is what counts.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Manager: We were lucky to get nil
(Don't be a smart arse - it was all your fault anyway for the shit coaching and team selection)

Glen Hoddle (for it is he): They need to score early doors
(No they don't. If you want to spend money, Waiting for the Sun and Morrison Hotel can't be beaten. You know Jack Shit about music)

Pundit: If the goal had been wider they would have missed
(No they wouldn't. It would have been a goal, just like it already is, albeit not quite as amazing/lucky. You eejit)

Commentator: Brighton are in the ascendancy
(No they aren't. They are a football club, not a Satanic cult. You weirdo)

New singing: I'm hoping I can help the team
(What are you, a sports psychologist? Get your ****ing boots on and put in a shift, you pretentious ponce).

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
"We'd have taken a point if offered before the game"

It is obviously against competition rules and no team has ever been 'offered a point' before the game in the history of football... (apart from Tottenham and Southampton in 1978...)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The club has moved forward massive strides.

massive strides.jpg

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
That was a world class save but he really should be scoring from there. (usually said by an ex striker)

Although they lost 2-0 they really deserved at least a draw today. (they did not score so they deserved nothing)

Yes no.

The big fella.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
My personal bugbear - 'Stick it in the mixer'

It only takes a second to score a goal

You've got yer Chelseas and yer Arsenals, yer David Beckhams and yer Frank Lampards.......there's only one of each FFS.

Massive - goal, tackle, challenge, game, tie, victory, defeat, card, decision etc. EVERYTHING is 'massive'

Technically weren't there two of them? :lol:

Anyway, not really a cliché, but I heard Darren Gough earlier say 'ee was linked'. And that was it. Linked with/to whom or what we were not told.

Anybody put 'six-pointer' yet?

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Footballers doing that really annoying thing where they put their heads in front of their mouths when talking, so that no one can lip read. There was an even a clip of two United fans doing it in the stand last night.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here