[Music] The Great Escape 2024

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
Thought I'd start a thread for all those going next week. Please post recommendations to help guide me and fellow festival goers through the madness...

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Do: Stick close to Charles Bronson & John Leyton, or James Coburn. They're the only ones who made it.

Don't: Try to leap a barbed wire fence on a motorbike, or answer 'Thank you very much' if someone says your German is good.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The Battlesnake at work!

Attachments

• IMG_6816.jpeg
    IMG_6816.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 22

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I went up to that London last night, completely forgetting that a friend's band was playing. It was funny coming back from The Smoke and seeing so many groups of musicians on the platform, getting the train back.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
If you didn’t see Battlesnake, then you missed a trick.

Who saw what?
I caught them. Couldn’t really work them out tbh. By that i mean are they taking the piss out of that style of metal or are they genuine? Would be interested to hear a metal fans thoughts.

highlights were Angelica Garcia, seeing Tom Vek in the Black Lion (not TGE show), AKA Kelz, Fabiana Palladino. Had fun but line up issues were a bit draining. Will go again next year as it’s a good excuse to be out and about and I really like the diversity of the crowds and general lack of wankers. Less f***ing phones though next year, not to mention official photographers taking up all the space at the front.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Had a brilliant weekend seeing some amazingly talented youngsters (and some a little older.) There is so much talent.

Conscious Pilot
Parliamo
Dove Ellis
St Arnaud
Brogael
Room Service (see this brilliant local band)
Tom Lark
Pleasureinc

The list goes on and on.

Gutted to miss Kneecap, Big Special, Pip Blom

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I caught them. Couldn’t really work them out tbh. By that i mean are they taking the piss out of that style of metal or are they genuine? Would be interested to hear a metal fans thoughts.

highlights were Angelica Garcia, seeing Tom Vek in the Black Lion (not TGE show), AKA Kelz, Fabiana Palladino. Had fun but line up issues were a bit draining. Will go again next year as it’s a good excuse to be out and about and I really like the diversity of the crowds and general lack of wankers. Less f***ing phones though next year, not to mention official photographers taking up all the space at the front.
I think they were both taking the piss and accidentally playing some great theatre.

Hopefully the line up schenanigans will not happen again next year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports