Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Gillingham Years

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Disgusting town, with an absolute hovel of a stadium. It always surprised me just how many Gillingham residents appeared to let their dogs shit on the streets. To walk to the ground from just about any parking spot was to tiptoe through the dog turds. I know one or two of the local roads were a bit rough, but come on, Kent folk! Pick it up!

That said, there was a certain sort of camaraderie amongst the Albion regulars at the time. Plenty of resigned, gallows humour and low expectations. Expectations which were mostly met by the performances on the pitch.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The three teams who finished above us in the first season have all been in the Premier League since.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
If it wasn't for Doncaster being awfully shite in our 1st season there, god knows how low things could've been.

Thank you Donny, always there when we need you x

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Saw every game we played at Gillingham (except for a pre season friendly vs Palace I think). There can't have been many of us?!

Highlight for me was winning the raffle. They used to announce the winning numbers after everyone had gone home but I had hung around talking to someone. Went round to claim the winnings which was about 60 quid, all in pound coins.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
99001-31.jpg

http://www.albionalbum.co.uk/teams/carlisle/09_01_1999/99001-31.shtml

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here