Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The German Bundesliga

Sep 20, 2005
They really hate cheating too. There was nationwide outrage over this recent incident.

Didier Drogba wouldn't last long over there.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Like England, Germany currently has 35 football stadiums with a capicity of 25k or above. Lets hope this stat becomes history after the 27th and we go one up!!!! :amex:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ithink in Germany in general they do everything 100% better than we do.

And before anyone asks No, I have not hacked Goring's account.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Isn't this really the best league in the world in terms of competitiveness crowds etc? Where else can a team that had to win a final day relegation playoff challenge for the top three the next season. Fantastic league.

By my thinking, yes, absolutely!

About 10 years ago, it was clearly La Liga, with Deportivo, Valencia and others challenging the big two, but while the general standard of the League is strong, not just the top (as the Mancs discovered), the top two are a mile clear again these days.

The Bundasliga though, wow, it really is cracking football, highly competitive, great atmospheres, and the best in the League can compete with the best in Europe. What more could you want from a "best league in the World"?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The next 5-10 years will be a golden period for German football. They have some wonderful young talent emerging.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How does their second devision compare to our championship

I was taken to see the Bundesliga 2 relegation six-pointer between FSV and Aarchen a few weeks back. I was amazed how both teams kept the ball on the deck and played measured cultured football with no sense of desperation or any wild or hoofed clearances. I doubt similar games at the bottom of The Championship will involve so much football.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
The safe standing areas. The Relegation/Promotion play-off, the tightest title run-in nearly every season. Well a part from this season, it looks like Dortmund will win it again. I think it is safe to say, the German Bundesliga is probably the best league in the world right now.

bognorandy

Aug 5, 2008
Bognor Regis
Any chance of persuading the club to do a pre season tour in Germany?

Totally agree went to Berlin in October and have soft spot for Hertha Berlin now as they have nice blue and white stripe shirt, now who does that remind me of lol. Just wish they were doing bit better in the league!! Wouldvebought replica shirt except price tag of almost 80 euros on it put me off!

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Totally agree went to Berlin in October and have soft spot for Hertha Berlin now as they have nice blue and white stripe shirt, now who does that remind me of lol. Just wish they were doing bit better in the league!! Wouldvebought replica shirt except price tag of almost 80 euros on it put me off!

Went to Berlin in March with the obligatory visit to the Olympic stadium would be a great place for a pre season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here