Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
3e510c908ae94e6daaa53ddac62bf9de.jpg

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Ok, if you say it is not sour grapes, but I think it is! It is a system that clearly suits most folk, otherwise it would have been changed surely. That is reason enough. You might not like it and as you say, you have raised the question repeatedly, but that does not make our fist part the post necessarily wrong. I assume you favour PR, but that too can cause problems, as wrangling and confusion can occur.

To be fair, i have wished we had proportional representation for about the last 40 year, whichever party has been in power, so I am sure it is not sour grapes.

And Germany has managed fairly well with PR - which the allies imposed on them post war - since WW2. It makes people talk to each other in a reasonable way, which can't be bad.

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
50,000 nurses (in 10 years), Boris decides to change his mind, the NHS that's not being privatised gives a transport contract that was held with West Midlands ambulance service for 30 years to a private company.

Day 4...

If you voted for these crooks, you don't get to complain. Own it.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
50,000 nurses (in 10 years), Boris decides to change his mind, the NHS that's not being privatised gives a transport contract that was held with West Midlands ambulance service for 30 years to a private company.

Day 4...

And what is wrong with that if its much cheaper and more efficient.

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
And what is wrong with that if its much cheaper and more efficient.
We could be balls deep in basic health insurance plans and still lemons will come along say "What's so bad about that if it saves a bit if tax payers money". But that's beyond the point.

Incase you've not being paying attention...

BORIS REPEATEDLY SAID THE NHS IS NOT FOR SALE.

We've been lied to.

He's abandoned his promises in maintaing workers rights too by the way. I gather you're happy about that.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
We could be balls deep in basic health insurance plans and still lemons will come along say "What's so bad about that if it saves a bit if tax payers money". But that's beyond the point.

what if we dont get "basic insurance plans" and we stay with the single payer model, with some services provided by non-state run organisation? like in most countries.

and we dont get bent over contracts that happened months ago.

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
what if we dont get "basic insurance plans" and we stay with the single payer model, with some services provided by non-state run organisation? like in most countries.

and we dont get bent over contracts that happened months ago.
We're on a very dangerous path. Why not just properly fund our national health service and be dome with it?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
We're on a very dangerous path. Why not just properly fund our national health service and be dome with it?

absolutly agree. so why focus on the service provider so much.

there are many inefficiencies in the NHS. they do not even know how much treatments cost between hospitals to know if one is operating efficently or not. we have GP shut up shop at 5pm and weekend pushing pressure to A&E. hospital beds in use by patients that simply need some recuperation. waiting times missing targets in one area while others have capcity. maternity wards downgraded because the trust wants consultants in one location. i'd rather make the system more effective than have slavishly devotion to who run every component of the system.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Aren't these just temporary arrangements whilst Johnson prepares for his spring purge?

They do highlight the absurdity of our constitutional arrangements though.

Temporary or not, we will have 2 govt ministers free from any parliamentary scrutiny.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Temporary or not, we will have 2 govt ministers free from any parliamentary scrutiny.

As I say, absurd.

We need to know though that parliamentary scrutiny is a wicked wicked thing - the job of parliamentarians is to sit on their hands, draw their wages, drift through lobbies as directed and agree with everything the government says. I learnt this from the Daily Mail.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Day 4...

Perhaps you could give us some detail on the NHS transport contract being privatised?Number of jobs lost,say,compared to number of jobs gained by winning back 111 transport services from the private sector?Or how much was saved to go back into the NHS budget?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports