• Monster Raving Looney Party

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Other

Votes: 29 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
I know all this with my eyes closed, it’s my profession.

Now:
Company profit £50,000
Before a salary of £8,628
Profit after salary £41,372
Corporation tax bill £7,861
Leaving £33,511 for dividends
The first £2,000 of which are tax free
Income tax on the balance of £31,511 = £2,363

Under Corbyn’s plan today:
Company profit £50,000
Corporation tax bill £7,861. But will McDonnell increase this from 19%?
The first £2,000 of which are tax free. But will McDonnell scrap this?
Income tax on the balance of £33,511 = 6,302

Overnight that small businessmen/family are out of pocket by £3,939 per annum.

Most businessmen start because they have an idea, or are made redundant, hate their boss, hate being in a master and servant arrangement, like the flexibility, many people do it now because it works with their child arrangements and so on. Only the people like famously John Burt at the BBC set up a limited company purely as tax avoidance. IR35 and the Badges of Trade rules catch them, but some of course carry on lying with a bent engager not wanting to pay employers national insurance and accrue employment rights for staff.

It’s helpful to have figures to understand the proposals. I have put my life into running my business and work my bollocks off and suffer a lot of stress doing it, so find being penalised financially incredibly unfair & unbalanced.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This will only happen if the presiding government override local planning restrictions. Deal with stuff like this daily and the obstructions from the local authorities are something to believe

The Times covered this today.

Seemingly we’re unique where every small or large local council can grind a proposed development (greenfield or brownfield) to a halt, with opposing officers, councillors and residents able to do this with endless consultation, hoops to jump, consultants to engage, and finally 100’s of conditions should the registered social landlord or private developer be lucky enough to get permission. All at risk for them, as the application can be turned down on a political whim, after a spend of £100k’s to millions on the consultants.

Whereas Germany, France and so on use a zonal system, with large greenfield and brownfield areas specifically determined by larger local authorities to they will come what may contain new residential, office, transport, retail or industrial developments. Nimby’s have little power once that zoning’s in place.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's hard to imagine all that money is being given for the good of all the people in the UK:-

[tweet]1197528262790004737[/tweet]

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I know all this with my eyes closed, it’s my profession.

Now:
Company profit £50,000

Company profit £50,000
Corporation tax bill £7,861. But will McDonnell increase this from 19%?

Overnight that small businessmen/family are out of pocket by £3,939 per annum.

Most businessmen start because they have an idea, or are made redundant, hate their boss, hate being in a master and servant arrangement, like the flexibility, many people do it now because it works with their child arrangements and so on. Only the people like famously John Burt at the BBC set up a limited company purely as tax avoidance. IR35 and the Badges of Trade rules catch them, but some of course carry on lying with a bent engager not wanting to pay employers national insurance and accrue employment rights for staff.

Got to say I really don’t understand all this, but just for clarity are Labour suggesting that those in the scenario quoted should pay the same amount in tax as someone earning the same figures through a wage?

Disgraceful...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I was going to post something similar. They must be bricking the thought of him saying something mind-boggingly stupid.

You'd certainly want to keep him as far away from the cameras as possible.

Maybe he's on holiday with Dianne Abbott.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Reworked, as we now know that McDonnell is also raising corp tax for small companies:

Now:
Company profit £50,000

Company profit £50,000
Corporation tax bill 8,688 We now know that McDonnell will increase the CT rate for very small companies.

Overnight, small businessmen/families at these levels are out of pocket by £4,766 per annum.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
We will have to build on green field sites if we are to achieve anything like Labour, Liberal, or Tory targets of affordable homes.

Thankfully, we have a lot of green space to build on. Only 5.9 % of Britain is currently built on.

Still plenty of " Brown Field" space too.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Reworked, as we now know that McDonnell is also raising corp tax for small companies:

Now:
Company profit £50,000

Company profit £50,000
Corporation tax bill 8,688 We now know that McDonnell will increase the CT rate for very small companies.

Overnight, small businessmen/families at these levels are out of pocket by £4,766 per annum.

So, are you saying the change from current taxation to the proposed Labour taxation would mean a change resultant profit from £29k down to £27K ? that's not too bad is it ? or would the small businessman used as an example relocate to Luxembourg or Ireland to avoid that £2k extra tax bill ?

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010

Now:
Company profit £50,000

Company profit £50,000

On that basis, Labour are going to put a lot of small businesses to the sword. I would be forced to sell my business based on those figures.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Where are these 150,000 houses per year going to be built, on what land?

Maybe the building plots for the houses that the Tories didnt built. By the way, the Tories reckon a million homes will be built under them in the next 5 years, 50,000 more building plots per year required, or maybe they are just going to build smaller ones so they can fit them all in?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here