Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Other

Votes: 29 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Just had my local Labour MP's leaflet through the letterbox. It does not mention Corbyn once and she is a raving Corbynista. Interesting. It also hasn't been proof read as it lists the same bulletpoint twice. I am not persuaded.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Probably a 'bubble' thing. All i ever seem to see is Kwarteng, Rees Mogg, Cleverly, Hancock or Johnson, himself making utter tits of themselves.

But of course I'm biased. And also inclined to think that the Labour Brexit position is pretty clear (negotiate a new, softer, deal that meets the Labour red lines and put it back to a referendum, against remain, within six months) and any journalist pretending that it's 'all so confusing' is either a bit dim or (mostly) trying to stir it up.

Or just not noticed that Labour do finally seem to have a policy of sorts, having spent three years trying their hardest to avoid having to commit?

Maybe [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] didn't realise the Kier Starmer video had been doctored by the Tories (and now it seems the BBC are doing the job for them)?

I actually think Kier Starmer is a very decent speaker indeed, and I'd be interested to see the Labour Party led by him right now. I think we'd be looking at considerably closer polls than we current have. Electoral Calculus currently have the polls pointing to a 114 seat Tory majority.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The argument for privatising was always that private ventures could run services more efficiently than public. As that's been proven to be shite, we should bring them back to public ownership.

thats one argument, to sell the idea, which has some merit. other reasons for privatisation are shifting investment cost off the state, and allow the industry and commercial sectors that use the services to guide what they need. on evidence its a very mixed bag, results being very different from rail to telecoms.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
thats one argument, to sell the idea, which has some merit. other reasons for privatisation are shifting investment cost off the state, and allow the industry and commercial sectors that use the services to guide what they need. on evidence its a very mixed bag, results being very different from rail to telecoms.

Costs up, quality down. Been a disaster really

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I passed a group of Brexiters displaying posters and banners and handing out leaflets in a Sussex village High Street on Saturday morning and I wondered why they were there. Arundel and South Downs has a 24,000 Tory majority - although some polls are show the LibDems, a poor third last time, closing in dramatically - and narrowly voted Remain in the referendum. The only possible effect of the Brexit Party is to increase the slender chance of a LibDem upset. I wish them well.

I admire their sense of participation too. The Times this morning says that the Brexit Party should stand down to allow the Tories to sweep home. Patronising garbage. If voters are intelligent and discerning people (and we are assured they are) then the greater the choice the better. It is marker of these revolting times that a respected newspaper should be demanding that people with an entirely legal set of beliefs should be denied a party to vote for, all on the grounds of expediency.

Can you please direct me to your post where you stated your outrage at the Lib Dems recent decision to stand down in numerous seats denying people with an entirely legal set of beliefs a party to vote for?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1193913677818318851[/TWEET]

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Costs up, quality down. Been a disaster really

refering to rail or for all privatised industry? difficult to see that apply to energy and telecoms, water is difficult to compare, other industry have thrived (motor industry) or died (steel).

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
There's a bit of the bleedin' obvious going on here. Read my post again. It specifically queried why the Brexit Party were standing in a Tory-held seat when the only beneficiary was likely to be the LibDems, an outcome I made clear I welcomed. Where's the dishonesty?

And I stand by my charge of patronising garbage - The Times was effectively saying that supporters of a hard Brexit won't have the wit to vote tactically in Tory-held seats and so, just to be on the safe side, should have their ideal choice removed from them altogether.

A weak reply and I think you probably know that..........if you are honest with yourself.
Anyway, things have moved on now!
P.S. I loved Footy Genius's reply to your post. You really are full of 'humbug!......done up like a kipper!:D

Last edited:

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Boris - having got his majority - then chose to dissolve Parliament himself. Parliament merely objected to the tight timescale for voting on his Withdrawal Agreement. He could have kept it going, given Parliament the time they were requesting, then had the vote, won it and then Brexited on / before 31 Jan 20.

You know that's not quite right, by the time it had come through the other side there would have been amendments and it wouldn't have been Brexit at all. Boris knew that and so do the voters.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
A weak reply and I think you probably know that..........if you are honest with yourself.
Anyway, things have moved on now!
P.S. I loved Footy Genius's reply to your post. You really are full of 'humbug!......done up like a kipper!:D

Same old Impster :wink:

tenor.gif

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Farage’s big move ‘will make little difference’, says YouGov expert

Chris Curtis, YouGov’s political research manager, has poured cold water on suggestions Nigel Farage has swun the election for Boris Johnson and the Tories.

In a blog post titled ‘Farage’s election stand-down will make little difference’, he points out that the Brexit Party was already trending downwards in the polls.

“The most important swing to look at in the polls is the one between Labour and the Conservatives. Despite a move away from two-party politics since the last election, it is still the case that most marginal seats are battles between Labour and the Conservatives, and this is the most important dynamic in deciding who will be celebrating Christmas in 10 Downing Street.”

He concludes: “So overall, despite today’s drama, this is unlikely to be a game-changing moment.”

Clutching at straws Mikey, the betting markets don't see it that way, now 1-2 for a conservative majority and 20-1 ON for the most seats

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
Clutching at straws Mikey, the betting markets don't see it that way, now 1-2 for a conservative majority and 20-1 ON for the most seats

What straws are being clutched at by pasting the opinion of a YouGov expert?

As I have been saying, anything other than a Tory Majority equals a Labour Minority Gov. :drink:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
He's such a duplicitous slimy **** it's unreal.

And people are thick enough to vote for his party. It'd be hilarious if it wasn't a General Election at stake.

Jan 30, 2008
What happened to that 16% lead?

Quite please with the progress as it happens

"Signs of a Labour recovery have also become firmer." Labour minority gov - you must be wetting yourself :drink:
no not at all, as i keep saying the silent majority on the march to the ballot box , reap what you sow RIP ZOMBIE PARLIAMENT:wink:
regards
DF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here