• Other

Votes: 29 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
26% from Labour is for future fiscal years too, and is yet what the press and IFS have latched onto, so only right it’s compared with the 17%. Do you think countries undercutting each other on corporate tax is a good thing?

No, it’s not, when taken to extremes .... Netherlands, Lux and Ireland. A crafty race to grab all the inwards investment, jobs and PAYE from tax avoiding multinationals.

But many of us on NSC yearn for a Swedish/Danish/Finnish type economy, and they’ve all settled on a CT rate of about 20%. I bow to their knowledge and fairness. It’s a balancing act in keeping/incentivising domestic entrepreneurs and attracting solid overseas companies.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Labour has the 2nd most sensible attitude to Brexit. Referendum with Remain option. Any Leaver who disagrees is clearly scared stiff their little ill gotten victory could be wiped out.

Last edited:

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Yes the repayments absolutely don't get taken out of you pay automatically do they.

They are a debt, and they carry interest.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Debts have to be repaid even if you have no income. These do not. And only those people that earn a lot of money will ever pay the interest on these loans. It is a Graduate Tax, not a debt.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Yes the repayments absolutely don't get taken out of you pay automatically do they.

They are a debt, and they carry interest.

and what is the consequence of that?

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
Debts have to be repaid even if you have no income. These do not. And only those people that earn a lot of money will ever pay the interest on these loans. It is a Graduate Tax, not a debt.
I cba with how stupid you sound, I'll file this one under lost causes.

Anyways, well done Jeremy, vote Labour.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Typical university left mentality on display in Sheffield good to see a sprinkling of jocks to balance it all up though, the BBC bang on trend
Regards
DF

Shocker. Racist, poorly educated, lifelong benefit recipient holds students in contempt.

calf.jpg

You're a grade A tosser, but you never disappoint.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The bias started long before Boris appeared. 80% whooping at every soundbite from Corbyn, few challenging questions, instead preplanned ‘questions’ framed to make him God-like. Then attacking Swinson as of she was Donald Trump.

A funny old show.

Swinson is reaping what she has sown and why do many at Lib Dem HQ have been so unsure of the whole revoke A50 / attack and demonise strategy. It’s backfiring night time and the biggest scare must be to the Tories who are relying on the Libs to split the Remain vote. If remainers start to smell the coffee and realise they need to elect Labour MPs or tactically vote Lib in Lib/Tory marginals, the outcome of this election is uncertain.

Don’t the the public will buy Corbyn being the different side of the same coin as Johnson. She has attacked Corbyn and Labour more than she has the Tories - surely non sensical if you were a party behind a 2nd referendum only a few months ago, and there is only one other party that could seriously stop us exiting the EU.

She’s got it all wrong and you can call it bias or whatever else, but that is the public reacting how I feel like resting to her during this campaign. Polls back this up too.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Eh ? Plan 1 start repaying at a salary of less than £20k pa, Plan 2 around £25k. That’s not ‘a lot’, particularly in the SE. Our graduate entrants start on more than that.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Eh ? Plan 1 start repaying at a salary of less than £20k pa, Plan 2 around £25k. That’s not ‘a lot’, particularly in the SE. Our graduate entrants start on more than that.

You will have to earn a lot over 30 years to pay off an entire student loan and thus the interest. Something like a starting salary of £50k which increases 3% every year (according to a rather confusing table created by Martin Lewis https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/students/student-loans-tuition-fees-changes/)

Edit. Actually more than that - starting salary of 55k which increases at 5% per annum

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Reduced income.

A boomer and a zoomer being paid the same salary. Except the zoomer has to pay deductions because boomer voted Tory after he's sucked up all the free education.

Fair.

interesting. so if this was the country's debt, would similar apply, reduce income and future generations pay deductions?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Swinson is reaping what she has sown and why do many at Lib Dem HQ have been so unsure of the whole revoke A50 / attack and demonise strategy. It’s backfiring night time and the biggest scare must be to the Tories who are relying on the Libs to split the Remain vote. If remainers start to smell the coffee and realise they need to elect Labour MPs or tactically vote Lib in Lib/Tory marginals, the outcome of this election is uncertain.

Don’t the the public will buy Corbyn being the different side of the same coin as Johnson. She has attacked Corbyn and Labour more than she has the Tories - surely non sensical if you were a party behind a 2nd referendum only a few months ago, and there is only one other party that could seriously stop us exiting the EU.

She’s got it all wrong and you can call it bias or whatever else, but that is the public reacting how I feel like resting to her during this campaign. Polls back this up too.

I don’t generally look at polls, but you’re spot on. The LibDem vote is kind of collapsing.

B3461F51-17DD-48C5-8CD1-221297FCA0E3.png

ps I did check this against Mirror and Guardian poll stats, but liked the Standard’s graphic the best.

Some way to go, but I naively thought the LibDems would make huge gains on the Remain theme - West Country, Bristol, West London, the odd seat in Sussex, Wales.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I don't think the Lib Dems are suffering from revoking article 50. That's probably more popular than nationalising the water supply statistically.

They are suffering from their leader (and still party) being associated with the austerity driven coalition of Cameron. They are further suffering from being outwardly hostile to the Labour Party.

If I was advising them, I'd suggest they could be seen as the party who could blunt the extremes of Corbyn in a coalition.

Unfortunately for them, they decided to come across as a mild right of centre prudent party who are more likely to go into coalition with one nation Tories than Labour,

That's quite obviously a losing strategy because the one nation Tories are gone.

I've never had a clue what they stand for and this election hasn't changed anything,

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I don't think the Lib Dems are suffering from revoking article 50. That's probably more popular than nationalising the water supply statistically.

They are suffering from their leader (and still party) being associated with the austerity driven coalition of Cameron. They are further suffering from being outwardly hostile to the Labour Party.

If I was advising them, I'd suggest they could be seen as the party who could blunt the extremes of Corbyn in a coalition.

Unfortunately for them, they decided to come across as a mild right of centre prudent party who are more likely to go into coalition with one nation Tories than Labour,

That's quite obviously a losing strategy because the one nation Tories are gone.

I've never had a clue what they stand for and this election hasn't changed anything,

Completely agree. If you central theme is remain, why on earth the hostility to the party offering a 2nd referendum? Doesn’t make sense. She needs a nuanced campaign. Of course she can’t back Labour, but with subtlety could be less hostile.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Swinson has made it plain there’ll be no arrangement with a minority Tory government. They have nowt in common in these EU dominated times. As we all know, these are not One Nation Tories (Disraeli, Heath, Cameron), more akin to the Mike Pence view of the world. History lesson about 2010 - many Labour and LibDem figures felt post-election that Brown had had his time, plus it was constitutional etiquette for very minority parties to first look at doing a deal with the party with most seats.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003

they cant pitch that, at best draws more attention to previous coalition (first question always "what policy will be dropped"), and they risk being percieved as mini-Labour. they've taken a firm line to give them a identity on hot topic. may be a risk, any other option the net effect is unlikly to be more seats.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here