Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Jack Laugher at least a Silver in Diving

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Boxing's going well too. Joe Joyce in the Semi-Finals of the Super-Heavyweight is worth at least a bronze.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Silver Diver

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Chris Hoy said the cyclist won't have had a proper drink for 18 months, due to preparation for the Olympics. Their dedication reminds me of professional footballers.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
All i see is empty seats everywhere at every venue, so much for the over hyped Brazilian party atmosphere. Bad sports too for booing at a number of events. Loads of medals for the Brits but as a spectacle its been very underwhelming.

WonderingSoton

Dec 3, 2014
I've loved following this Olympics perhaps even more so than London 2012 - just brilliant against the odds on strange turf!

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I've gone right off the Brazilians.

I went right off them after being in The Font & Firkin for the Scotland v Brazil game in France '98. It was packed to the rafters with them and they were all utter, utter, arrogant ****s. I have never wanted Scotland to win a football match so much.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I went right off them after being in The Font & Firkin for the Scotland v Brazil game in France '98. It was packed to the rafters with them and they were all utter, utter, arrogant ****s. I have never wanted Scotland to win a football match so much.
I watched most of that WC there, but don't remember if I was there for that one. I don't remember the seeing the Brazilians, but given their home crowd, it sounds about right.

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
Did the Brazilian spectators at the Olympic stadium booing during the medal ceremony not realise the name of the pole vaulter Renaud Lavillenie doesn't actually mean that he is a pantomime 'villain' to boo and despise like Dick Dastardly?? :facepalm:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I watched most of that WC there, but don't remember if I was there for that one. I don't remember the seeing the Brazilians, but given their home crowd, it sounds about right.

I watched the England v Tunisia game there on the Monday lunchtime too, which was packed out, I think Chile v Italy springs to mind as well and the opening game, Scotland v Brazil. It was packed with Brazilians, presumably students and they were total ******s. The unsporting behaviour in the Olympics is no surprise to me. In the Font & Firkin they'd taken over the upstairs bit and when Scotland equalised some of them were spitting downwards. I've never had a soft spot for them at football or anything since.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Can Kenny and Trott do no wrong? Marvellous effort this morning from Jason in the diving and Laura in the clean and jerk.

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
All i see is empty seats everywhere at every venue, so much for the over hyped Brazilian party atmosphere. Bad sports too for booing at a number of events. Loads of medals for the Brits but as a spectacle its been very underwhelming.

Heard some boos from Brazilians in the badminton matches

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Heard some boos from Brazilians in the badminton matches
They've booed in plenty of things, bunch of ****s. Except when they boo the Russian boxers, fair play then.

Nicola Adams fears losing in the Women's fly 51kg boxing to her Russian rival due to the corrupt judges. Russian boxers have become the biggest threat to Adam's hopes of retaining her title, despite the fact that there are no Russians in the weight category.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
They were even booing during the dressage which Charlotte Dujardin won, when other riders weren't getting scores close to hers. I'd hazard a guess that their technical knowledge of dressage is on a par with mine. ****s.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here