West west west Sussex
Russian no longer on drugs shocker.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Team GB are on fire and the night is young

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Saturday night track and field and still huge sections of stadium empty. Someone has really cocked up ticket sales & pricing. What a shame. London 2012 tickets were like gold dust even for the lesser known sports.

Guess Paralympic crowd numbers will be even worse.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Saturday night track and field and still huge sections of stadium empty. Someone has really cocked up ticket sales & pricing. What a shame. London 2012 tickets were like gold dust even for the lesser known sports.

Guess Paralympic crowd numbers will be even worse.

Apparently tickets for tonight were available for £63, a bargain compared to London..

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Anyone else thinking they should really be going to bed but......can't ?

Yeah. I set my alarm for the early hours so I could watch Mo Farah.

It was worth it!!!!

Just wanted to add his comment for all the usual suspects. "It's important to make my country proud" ;-)

He's talking about Great Britain BTW.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yeah. I set my alarm for the early hours so I could watch Mo Farah.

It was worth it!!!!

Just wanted to add his comment for all the usual suspects. "It's important to make my country proud" ;-)

He's talking about Great Britain BTW.

Brilliant run by MO...and silver for Ennis...bronze for Rutherford

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Made some easy money on Nafissatou Thiam. 4/5 to win, when she had a 10 second lead.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Brilliant run by MO...and silver for Ennis...bronze for Rutherford

I managed to watch Ennis and Rutherford and their interviews as well. It's incredible how they both were clearly disappointed with the results, shows the mindset of elite athletes.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
The Belgian who won the gold in the heptathlon set 5 PBs and still only beat Jess by 35 points. I suspect that Jess will now call it a day - it's hard to see how she's going to improve her points total given her age, and the Belgian is clearly on a big upward trajectory. If Jess does go, she can retire with pride - what a career!

It gives me no pleasure to say it, but Kat is getting a bit of a reputation of bottling the big meets. Her whole demeanour in the javelin screamed "I've lost this", even after just her first throw. Come on Kat - you're a superb athlete. Sort out your throwing a bit, and learn to deal with disappointing rounds without throwing the whole event, and you can still get golds.

Greg did well, especially in getting the bronze with his last jump (that's what you do, Kat); and I loved his interview "... I'm disappointed - I didn't come here for third..." (Paraphrased). Not petulant, not a bad loser - just saying it as he saw it.

Rowing and cycling medals were brilliant - but track and field is my first love in Olympuc sports, so don't feel I have anything particularly useful to say on them...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here