Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The funniest thing you heard at the AMEX last season?

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Every single one of us in the ground cheering thinking the ref had evened it up in the Burnley game only to quickly realise Barnes had been sent off and we were down to 9 men...

Haha. Looking back at it, it was funny! But at the time I was fuming when I realised.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
"get that useless twat barnes off" BANG, GOAL.

Haha. How to look instantly like a knob. Happened quite a few times last season as well.

At the ipswich game this happened. Then he scored, some guy said "Alright, barnes has got his goal, now get him off. He never scores two"... BANG, GOAL #2.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
In WSL: " Buckley is a £1m fraud" just as he comes on.. minutes later he's a hero..

Nothing like giving someone pelters on the game of the season.. :wozza:
Exactly the same thing heard in the North Stand

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
I think it was Brighton v Cardiff game and Gus made 3 subs and the woman behind me said " well , that's it were either gonna win or lose now!

It ended up being a draw.

And although not at the Amex , at pompey away this guy started singing ," you only sing when you're sailing"
Only to lose his voice when saying sailing and went really high pitched. Everyone around was crying with laughter

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Was about to say that there'll be a lot of Barnes related posts in this thread. Mainly from WSU probably as well. The bloke behind me timed his Barnes rants perfectly nearly every game, just before Ash either scored or created a goal.

You're not in Block F are you, around seat 125ish? There was a bloke, must be in row R/S/T that was abusing Barnes just before he scored both goals against Ipswich I think it was. Cracking timing.

viscentaye

Jun 26, 2012
The day when the North Stand TV packed up - "We want our telly back, we want our telly back" - followed by a chorus of "Wheeey!" when it switched on,swiftly followed by "Boooooo!" when it packed up again, and so on...

Ipswich banner and resulting chants after we hammered them!

"Albino, Albino" at the peroxide left back of (can't remember the team!)

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
In the Burnley game, bloke near me shouts "Ref, your mum is a whore"! A kid a few minutes later shouts "Ref, Your mum's a horse"!

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
"Washing machines live longer with Calderon" - Took a few seconds for everyone to appreciate just how random and stupid it was, before erupting into laughter!

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Someone near me who always shouted "Shoot!" - only almost every time we were either not in possession or the player had his back to goal and 3 defenders round him.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
You're not in Block F are you, around seat 125ish? There was a bloke, must be in row R/S/T that was abusing Barnes just before he scored both goals against Ipswich I think it was. Cracking timing.

I'm in row H; it was good but there are plenty of people abusing him all the ttime so it was bound to happen eventually!

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Bloke in front of me at the Donny game bought a hot dog, banged it on the counter a couple of times and said 'what the fucks this then? One of the blocks left over from when you built the stadium' :)

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
My Hammer supporting brother in law! "Who is this Donatello bloke?" seems quite popular. Sodding throbber made me piss myself and he won't live that one down either......

Gary Gurr

Nov 13, 2011
Eastbourne
Chap sitting behind me in WSL last year in jeans and a blazer ' that's called the North Stand even though it's in the south of the ground becase it faces north!

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
A particularly irate fan in front of me shouting, nay, SCREAMING at Barnes "Don't shoot, don't shoot!" [Barnes shoots] "F*cking hell Barnes you w-" [Ball hits back of the net] "GET IN THERE YOU BEAUTY!!"

Similar occasions as many home matches.

I was also one of the many "celebrating" Barnes getting sent off against Burnley when I thought it was a Burnley player.

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
And of course, singing to Leeds, 'Two nil and you fuc*ed it up...', after getting it back to three-two to us, was an absolute kiss of death, but great fun for the ten minutes or so it was sung :rolleyes:

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
"Albino, Albino" at the peroxide left back of (can't remember the team!)

images

Maverick

Jun 1, 2011
Mine was the game against Sunderland, loads of people who knew NOTHING about football around me in the family stand were complaining about such a poor game, at 90 minutes got up to go home saying 'thank god for that' only to be told by yours truly that 30 minutes extra time was to be played!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here