Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The FLOOD of football

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
It's been great but....

After this week it's back to 1 a week by and large until the end of the season (assuming we get knocked out the cup). The Euro trash kicks in soon where we all kick our heels all week and get used to Klopp and Pep moan about how many games they've got whilst we play 1 a week. I really hope lockdown is over by 27th March as that is an international weekend where I assume we have a double header against Macedonia and Lithuania or some other such tripe.

It's been like the Championship recently with the Sat / Midweek / Sat games. Shame it is just about to end.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
No complaints but I’m looking forward to this week’s PL break because I’m exhausted at looking at the league table every day to check that the gap between us and the bottom 3 hasn’t shrunk.

It also helps that the Albion have picked up recently. Imagine being a fan of a bottom 3 team having to watch all these matches knowing your team will be even further adrift by the end of the day.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
The International weekend is actually worse than my guesses

San Marino and Albania for a bit of International racially abusive bantz.

Pass me the meths.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Not really interested in watching other teams, watching Brighton games satiates my needs.

Crazy we have had all these fixtures when we are going into a meaningless international break.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It's been great but....

After this week it's back to 1 a week by and large until the end of the season (assuming we get knocked out the cup). The Euro trash kicks in soon where we all kick our heels all week and get used to Klopp and Pep moan about how many games they've got whilst we play 1 a week. I really hope lockdown is over by 27th March as that is an international weekend where I assume we have a double header against Macedonia and Lithuania or some other such tripe.

It's been like the Championship recently with the Sat / Midweek / Sat games. Shame it is just about to end.

A point on this (and I know it's something they'd never consider binning for the financial side of things), but during a pandemic does it even make sense to be playing European or International football? I know Liverpool have already been barred from playing in Germany, surely there must be something in that. It's not like the cricket tours going on at the moment where they all form bubbles for two weeks prior to playing.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
A point on this (and I know it's something they'd never consider binning for the financial side of things), but during a pandemic does it even make sense to be playing European or International football? I know Liverpool have already been barred from playing in Germany, surely there must be something in that. It's not like the cricket tours going on at the moment where they all form bubbles for two weeks prior to playing.

They had it right last year with the one off games played elsewhere which also had the added bonus of upsets thrown in (Man City V Lyon prime example)

The current proposed Euro-21 of playing all around Europe is absolutely barking mad.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
With project restart I barely watched any initially. After watching a couple of ours I got into a familiar routine of putting the games on in the background, but not really paying attention. I'm finding more and more I'm skipping games watching films/shows online instead. I think the only FA cup games I've watched this season have been ours.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I'm loving all the football.

Plus there is rugby, plus cricket.

I'm having to work very very hard to keep myself up to date

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Yeah, although my wife now watches and enjoys Albion games as there is no argument that I am watching those, she’s not so keen on watching a game that doesn’t involve the Albion. It is a little selfish and potentially row inducing to insist on watching all of them :lolol:

This is why every Englishman needs a garden shed :thumbsup:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
When I watched the Burnley game I felt a little bit like the players looked. Tired in body and brain, difficult to see details and nuances. No complaints though, I need my fussball.

The contrast is the key. We're enjoying it, but I can't help thinking it must be too much for the players. I don't have the stats to hand, but there must be more muscle injuries players are suffering at present, and I wonder whether Solly would have picked up his season-ending injury if the fixtures weren't so relentless.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
The contrast is the key. We're enjoying it, but I can't help thinking it must be too much for the players. I don't have the stats to hand, but there must be more muscle injuries players are suffering at present, and I wonder whether Solly would have picked up his season-ending injury if the fixtures weren't so relentless.

Trouble with Potter is that he doesn't rotate his players around enough :)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I can see a potential problem on the horizon if the Albion continue to gradually pull away from the danger zone.

In my household the missus has been content with me watching matches involving the bottom three on the basis that we are in a relegation dogfight, however if we cease to be in danger of the drop yet are miles off a European place will I really have an excuse to watch this vast plethora of matches?

Watching Southampton vs Leeds on the pretext that we might climb above whoever loses into 12th position does sound a bit desperate.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Are the Euros going ahead this year? I really feel there's a strong case for just cancelling them. Knackered players, empty stadia etc

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Football saturation . . . . . so much so that after our game I did some decorating to break the monotony!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I was FORCED to buy myself a new TV in order to do justice to the sheer volume of football on offer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here