Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The finest track ever recorded (April 26 2020 edition)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Surely, HWT, the 'best' is subjective and I do not feel fit to criticise anyone else's choices.

If we all liked the same sh1t, life would be so dull.

Indeed. But I wasn't criticising anyone else's choices. Dick head above has done this before. Anyway I shall now put him on ignore so I hope you enjoy his selection.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I don't think you quite understood what I meant by this thread. Others did. :shrug:

Anyway, don't worry, [MENTION=481]Voroshilov[/MENTION] will be along in a minute to bitterly post crap tunes, or copy and past old posts of mine, like a two year old who thinks in amusing to shit on anything that had been giving other people a bit of pleasure.

Whereas your selection is superb?

I understood the thread title perfectly.

It said quite clearly what is the finest track ever recorded.
Perhaps you should have called the thread here is a selection of my massive musical collection?
I would add that I did like your first choice and had never heard it or of the band before, but then you went into over indulgent mode.
Anyway, leave it at that as we definitely do not agree in our musical tastes very much.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Whereas your selection is superb?

I understood the thread title perfectly.

It said quite clearly what is the finest track ever recorded.
Perhaps you should have called the thread here is a selection of my massive musical collection?
I would add that I did like your first choice and had never heard it or of the band before, but then you went into over indulgent mode.
Anyway, leave it at that as we definitely do not agree in our musical tastes very much.

Look, I can see you mean no harm, but my point was the idea of 'the' best track is only true for a tiny moment, so it was just another chance for people to post stuff they really like (yes, including me). And several people did (and several times in some cases). I enjoyed listening to the stuff they posted. But I'm sorry if I made my meaning too obscure.

I seem to recall you had a pop at me on another thread recently. I don't have any issue with you.

edit - the person I have just put on ignore thinks it important to let everyone know what he thinks of me, and the music I post on NSC, by mockery. That's his business. He isn't sharing with you his favourite music however. Just so you know.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Today, I think I'm in the mood for a bit of Luna's 23 Minutes in Brussels.

Nothing tops the recorded version, that Tom Verlaine played on, but here's a decent live version taken from the closing credits of the Tell Me Do You Miss Me film (and where I can spot myself in the crowd at 05:38…).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81Sv57rbujA

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Or alternatively, you could read the title thread, decide you're not interest then move on. !

Rubbish!

Did you read the posts?

I was very interested in peoples view on the best track ever recorded. End of!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Personally I love the music threads - especially in the absence of live sport - and enjoy seeing/hearing the suggestions. The fact that I’ve never heard of many of the OP’s suggestions matters not, I welcome the diversity although my choices are much more mainstream and may be boring to some - it really doesn’t matter. Here’s two from the first two magnificent Arcade Fire albums

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
And the wonderful Billy Bragg....I think I still have a disc entitled Play In A Day The Billy Bragg Way ...... but I sadly never did. The second track has the line ‘Wearing badges is not enough In days like these’ - classic 80’s protest song - love it still.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here