Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] The Exhoribitant Price Of My Curry.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Last night, on whim, neither of us could be bothered to cook, Mrs. CS & I decided to pay our favourite curry house a visit, a restaurant many of you local to the Horsham will be well aware of, the Akash, we know one of the owners, and have been regular diners there since his late father owned it thirty odd years ago.

Anyway the point of all this is, l was really surprised to see how much the evening cost me. Neither of us ordered starters, we both simply had curries, a King Prawn Dhansak for me, Chicken Tikka Balti for the wife, a Lemon Rice each, two side dishes, a Saag Panner and a Brinjal Bhaji, a glass of wine each, then two coffeess at the end of the meal.

So bearing in mind we were basically just paying for two main courses, and a couple of drinks, no starters or desserts, the cost? a whopping £79.00. It really brought it home to me how quickly, and my how much, prices are incresing now. We ate at the very same restaurant no more than a couple of months ago and the bill was no more than £60 odd pounds then.

Plenty of people were willing to pay these prices though, everytable was taken last night, and as we exited a large group were waiting to be seated. Cost of living crisis? it doesn't exist in Horsham.
the cost of living crisis obviously doesn't extend to your good self and the other patrons of said proprietary, couples who are on 2 incomes have a massive advantage over single folks on one income particularly single parents , the wealthy are getting wealthier and the poor are going backwards. There are beggars all over the place here in Perth which is , without doubt , one of the most affluent cities on the planet.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Yes please.

One of my colleagues loves rock and heavy metal and we have to walk right past the Artful Dodger to get into town, so we've been there more than I would have liked. I'm assuming there are some very decent places in The Shambles.
Market Cat in the Shambles is good if you like Thornbridge and that sort of thing.
House of Trembling Madness on Lendal has a really wide range of craft beer type stuff.
There's a decent place I've been to that's a bit more overtly pub-y somewhere around the Shambles, I'll be working in York on Wednesday so will check with some people who live/work there (I can't remember what it's called or exactly where it is).

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I went to a few curry places when I was back.
The one near my sister in laws in St Leonards was gash, like soup with 4 x small bits of meat in, pricey crap.
Popped into Nooris after a night on the piss with friends and that was good.
Went to a place off the seafront near the Old Stene lanes with the wife which was pretentious and none of the curries on the menu were recognisable.
We gave it a go and decided that it would be our only visit there.
The one that could not be beaten was the Empire Tandoori on the Lewes Rd near Sainsburys.
Best curry ever, chicken madras, bombay potatoes and a plain nan.
I had 8 curries in all when I was back and 5 were from the Empire Tandoori with a free delivery.
Over here madras has coconut in it and tastes like shit, coconuts, apples and raisins should be nowhere near a curry in my book.
try curry affair in Malaga if you're in the area.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
One of my customers who own s a coffee shop/also sells light breakfasts the posher type not for builders. The electric bill has Shot up to £1000 a month used to be £500 with rent of £500 a week it’s a real struggle for her to keep going prices had to rise customers leave not sure what people are meant to do.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Visited the Akash for the first time in years recently, was very disappointed at both the food and cost

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I had my first ever Vindaloo in the Akash. I'm glad it's still in the same family; I used to go to school with one of the sons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here