Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The "everyone else" January transfer window thread

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I’ll be interested to see how quickly Fofana holds down a place in the Chelsea first team. I think he may have made a massive ricket choosing them over us if he wants first team football.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Bidding war ensuing for RDZ former player at Shaktar.

"Blow them out of the water" comes as somewhat of a different threat compared to when it came from Abramovich...

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I’ll be interested to see how quickly Fofana holds down a place in the Chelsea first team. I think he may have made a massive ricket choosing them over us if he wants first team football.
I don't think anyone "holds down" a starting place at Chelsea do they? not with the way Potter tinkers with his team.

There again l'm sure Boelhy's boys will be paying him a lot more.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Just the weirdest tactic from Chelsea if there is any truth in it. 'Name your price ' is a very dangerous way to run a football club.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Very odd negotiating tactic by Chelsea. They are basically saying name your price to anyone they want to buy. Clueless.
...........and completely alien to the sort of model they seemed to be wanting Potter for to build at the club, a model of making stars rather than just paying more than anybody else to buy in (hopefully for them) ready-made ones.

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Just the weirdest tactic from Chelsea if there is any truth in it. 'Name your price ' is a very dangerous way to run a football club.
Seems a little at odds with their strategy of hiring a long term manager skilled at developing players. Surely not sustainable.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
...........and completely alien to the sort of model they seemed to be wantng Potter for to build at the club, a model oh making stars rather than just paying more than anybody else to buy in (hopefully for them) ready-made ones.
Exactly, you said it better and sooner than me 😂

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
He's a full back, and was Salzburg club captain. He's solid, but nothing special.
He’s played the majority of his career at centre back, he’s not a natural full back despite playing there this season, he moved to left back to allo Pavlovic to come into the team with Solet. Leeds concede too many, he’ll improve their defence.

Blues Guitarist

Oct 19, 2020
St Johann in Tirol
He’s played the majority of his career at centre back, he’s not a natural full back despite playing there this season, he moved to left back to allo Pavlovic to come into the team with Solet. Leeds concede too many, he’ll improve their defence.
Thanks for the update. I started going to RB Salzburg games this season and he's always played full back. Didn't realise he had also played CB. Pavlovic is my favourtie player - owned Salah in the pre-season frienly against Liverpool!

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
He's a full back, and was Salzburg club captain. He's solid, but nothing special.
He's not a fullback.

He's played around 170 games at CB and about 40 at LB. He's been put there because Salzburg have better options at CB.

He'll come in and be a CB at LB so that their current CB playing LB can play at CB again.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Every time a small club is facing bankruptcy one of the top 4 need to leak a story that they are interested in one of their players for a couple of million.

Chelsea will then immediately jump in and pay £5M.

Sorted.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Enzo deal collapsing. Chelsea’s actual bid was 85m euro which is more realistic (mac on that basis is 70ish).
Not great news. They have a lousy midfield and won't get anywhere unless they strengthen it, and Brighton have two of the hottest midfield prospects in the world...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here