Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The EU wants Britain to leave "as soon as possible"

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
But I thought the sky was supposed to fall in? ???

Based on the rhetoric over the past few weeks I as expecting 10 to 15% fall in the FTSE. That may yet happen but, as it stands, the impact has been fairly muted. The pound has fallen 4.7% against the Euro and 6.5% against the dollar, certainly not Armageddon yet.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
Watching the Stock Exchanges, our decision has had a fierce knock-on effect World over. And if any of you 'Leave' guys think we can just brush this off, you are beyond naive. We will be punished.
And right on cue, I see Madam Sturgeon has already made it clear we can expect a new 'Scotland Out' referendum poste haste.
I posted this scenario only last week, and it was met with derision by several 'Outers' ... Parte Dieux of my views were that Scotland will then apply for membership to the European Market.......more to follow.
Enjoy your moment. :shrug:

Your right. If only we had your wisdom 48 hours ago. We might have saved our selves from some punishment. Can we have a new referendum. I'm sure that everyone who voted to leave would have changed their mind now you have posted on NSC.

Nicola Sturgeon has have two referendums in 2 years, and lost them both. Scotland voted to stay part of the UK and now the UK has voted to leave the EU. You and her must hate democracy.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Sky reporting that German Finance Ministry have published a report saying that the UK should become an "associate" EU member and that France, Finland, Netherlands, Hungary and Austria may also want to leave.

Perhaps this will be the catalyst for major EU reform?

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Your right. If only we had your wisdom 48 hours ago. We might have saved our selves from some punishment. Can we have a new referendum. I'm sure that everyone who voted to leave would have changed their mind now you have posted on NSC.

Nicola Sturgeon has have two referendums in 2 years, and lost them both. Scotland voted to stay part of the UK and now the UK has voted to leave the EU. You and her must hate democracy.

Believe me, when the Scots 'go' again, they will go. That's what democracy is! They are entitled that choice because this (our) government has changed the goal posts. The people of Scotland have voted (by some distance) to stay in Europe, but in your distorted image of democracy they need just 'lump it' because England says no!
Two things .... thousands of Scots who previously voted to 'stay' in the UK want to stay in Europe, should they just shut up, How would you feel if the roles were switched?
And finally, as an aged old Phart I feel ashamed that 67% of pensioners with much less time to live, leave youngsters with a lifetime of any consequences of their selfish decisions. :shrug:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
EU showing what a spoilt brat it is because we don't want to play by their rules... Diddums maybe they should put the dummy's back in

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Believe me, when the Scots 'go' again, they will go. That's what democracy is! They are entitled that choice because this (our) government has changed the goal posts. The people of Scotland have voted (by some distance) to stay in Europe, but in your distorted image of democracy they need just 'lump it' because England says no!
Two things .... thousands of Scots who previously voted to 'stay' in the UK want to stay in Europe, should they just shut up, How would you feel if the roles were switched?
And finally, as an aged old Phart I feel ashamed that 67% of pensioners with much less time to live, leave youngsters with a lifetime of any consequences of their selfish decisions. :shrug:
I agree - the Scots will definately go this time :

1) There is still a feeling they didn't fully get what they were promised last time.

2) There will be no Gordon Brown figure to pile in at the last minute and rescue it.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick

When Scotland voted to remain part of the UK they new that a EU in/out referendum was on the cards. You can't keep asking for a referendum every time the UK does something Scotland does not agree with.

Labour governments have won power in the past with huge majorities in Scotland and not much of the vote in England, but England were not calling for a Leave Referendum.

The vast majority of London also voted to remain in the EU. Should London also become independent from the UK. No - it is part of the UK and that is how it will stay.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

If pensioners were being selfish surely they would have voted remain given big Dave and his sidekick Osborne were threatening them with losing their pensions only last week

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove

1,018,322 Scottish people voted to leave. 1,661,191 voted to remain. Who knows how they voted in the independence referendum. The Euro/oil/boarder controls and if the EU will even expect them, will all count more on a new referendum. It's up to them, and this will be the last chance they get. But i don't think it is a clear cut as they will defiantly leave.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here