Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The establishment and historic child sex abuse

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
I'd rather they made more effort investigating those who are still alive instead of someone else who's brown bread.

I am of the opinion that all allegations of paedophilia should be investigated of persons dead and alive. I guess you would have been happy that Mr Savile's activities should have been laid to rest....

If it is a ring such investigations might identify other people still alive who can be brought to justice,

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I'd rather they made more effort investigating those who are still alive instead of someone else who's brown bread.

To be fair, that investigation may lead to those that are still alive! He is alleged to have been part of a network so by definition others are involved.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
To be fair, that investigation may lead to those that are still alive! He is alleged to have been part of a network so by definition others are involved.

Maybe, but in the mean time there could be another Leon Brittan who kicks the bucket whilst they are still fannying about.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Maybe, but in the mean time there could be another Leon Brittan who kicks the bucket whilst they are still fannying about.

You don't get it do you. The report clearly says they are investigating a network, ie more than one individual. The press have lept on the name of Enoch Powell but that doesn't change the fact that they are still investigating a network. They are unlikely to name anyone living for fear of slander or libel. They'll have to wait until they are charged or the Police raid their property!

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
All the more reason to prioritise those who are still alive now.

It's very important that the allegations against dead people should be investigated because as we have seen with Mr Savile's case there were many child abuse victims unwilling to come forward because of threats and intimidation made by the alleged abusers. The victims deserve a voice and an opportunity for counselling and closure for the terrible abuse they received, which was not their own fault.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Agreed. It's just too convenient that they just keep 'finding' evidence about the dead ones.
Both would be a good idea though. If digging up the dirt on the deceased shows how deeply rooted it was then I'm all for it. Might help some more witnesses to come forward too

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
It's likely that the deceased can be named because they are deceased. I would expect that there are multiple ongoing investigations involving the living, but in order to not prejudice those investigations those individuals are not named. What we are waiting for is those investigations to turn into arrests, leading to charges, at which point I expect that they can be named.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
This is very sad and makes me very angry at the cover-ups. I hope whoever in government after the election will be proactive in getting the bottom of the cover-ups.
I wouldn't hold your breath. Too many friends of Cameron & Clegg have been protected recently to seriously be calling this 'historic'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here