Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The establishment and historic child sex abuse

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I have zero faith in this being resolved properly. I hope the inevitable cover up is the final straw for the British public and we finally revolt.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I have zero faith in this being resolved properly. I hope the inevitable cover up is the final straw for the British public and we finally revolt.

Judging by the level of interest on this thread, I suspect it won't be.

I'm not blaming anyone but there are large swathes of this country that find even contemplating what might have gone on here so horrifying they'd rather bury their heads in the sand.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm not blaming anyone but there are large swathes of this country that find even contemplating what might have gone on here so horrifying they'd rather bury their heads in the sand.
Nazi Germany anyone? All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Operation Fairbank (Elm Guest House) now to involve homicide detectives according to the BBC.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I can't see how police forces will be able to fund the cost of properly investigating these incidents, or where they'll get the manpower from.

Last night 5Live was on about 900-odd victims of physical / sexual abuse at some young offenders centre in the 70s and 80s. Just taking the statements, following up the allegations is a huge undertaking. If the government is serious about this matter they'll announce in the Autumn Statement on 3rd December that they're going to give emergency budget increases to forces dealing with Elm House / Yew Tree-type stuff.

There are plenty of retired policemen still providing services on an agency-style basis that they could re-hire. It would be a shame if cost prevented justice.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-30052726
& they've quietly dropped N.Ireland from the enquiry, conveniently leaving Kincora boys home out. Which is this, only far, far bigger & murkier

Considering what's coming out about Sinn Fein in the Irish media at the moment, they may be waiting to see what gets turned up in public first.

Basically, it appears that SF had a habit of doing a Catholic Church and moving anyone in the party or their sphere of influence accused of sexual abuse / rape across the border from whichever side it may be; while ensuring that it was never reported to the authorities. Adams's brother being one of them.

I've no reason to assume they have any good reasons for dropping part of an enquiry but there is at least that vague chance they're waiting till there's enough reason to go after both sides of the political divide up there; the Kincora scandal mostly pointing at the opposite side to SF so far.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here