Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The elephant in the room - Our defensive record

andys320

Jan 10, 2014
hard to lose two of the best midfielders in the league and not have some effect. not just the defensive side, playing out of the back is not as confident or successful without them.
Not sure I agree, players good enough, may need a season to really gel, however changing from 3 to 2 in midfield will always leave us over run, I think that's what you're seeing

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The elephant in the room is our embarrassing corners and set pieces.

I think there has been one goal from a corner against Liverpool and that was an accident off someone’s tit.

Every corner we take we are almost guaranteed to not score.

That being said, love RDZ - he can do what he wants in my eyes x
Statistically there’s less than a 2% chance of scoring from a corner. Yet fans get so excited when we win one, despite reality being the opposition now have 11 men back and time to organise them. Which is why it’s less than 2% chance!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
New midfield needs time to bed in. Caicedo and MacAllister took time so we need to give Dahoud and Justin time to do the same.

Going to be a bit rocky for a while but let's enjoy it. Its fun.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Great 2nd half and very nice come back tonight... A decent and well earned first ever point in Europe.

But 20 goals conceded in our 10 fixtures this season, and I can't even remember the last time we had a clean sheet.

Do you think we should be concerned about our defensive record?

???
Yes.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I remain convinced that flip flopping between keepers every couple of games is not helping the matter.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
The elephant in the room is our embarrassing corners and set pieces.

I think there has been one goal from a corner against Liverpool and that was an accident off someone’s tit.

Every corner we take we are almost guaranteed to not score.

That being said, love RDZ - he can do what he wants in my eyes x
We very nearly scored from one tonight when van Hecke’s thumping header, which was definitely going in, hit Mitoma on the bonce.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Trade off… eventually we’ll fluke a clean sheet, and this ‘record’ will be a mere footnote in an otherwise balls to the floor emotional rollercoaster of a season.

Crying 😭 one moment punching the air the next… what’s not to like ?

Nil and zero is for pensioners like Roy Hodgson who need to be tucked up in bed by 9pm. I’d take 5-3, 4-2 and the occasional humility restoring battering any day of the week, even on a sodding Thursday somewhere in Greece.
THIS!

ROCK, & ROLL . . . Fall out the bed, who gives a f***

dormancy is for . . . Errr. . . Static-sticians!

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
We were bullied off the ball constantly in the first 40 minutes and Wellbeck's ability to hold up the ball was non-existent. He had an awful half.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
New midfield needs time to bed in. Caicedo and MacAllister took time so we need to give Dahoud and Justin time to do the same.

Going to be a bit rocky for a while but let's enjoy it. Its fun.
THIS . . . . There are very few players who slip in perfectly on day 1. (Gross & Propper being exceptions) Weapons grade RDZ standard requires a period of integration. Captain beige, was equally protective of yoof talent, in the integration, Sir Chris was too protective maybe. . . .

Anyway. Wheel Wyn

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here