Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Eclipse

Joe Nobody

Dec 27, 2008
Hove
I know the Lewes Arms has been talked about on NSC. I hear that a previous landlord now runs The Eclipse. The last time I went it was run by a family who supported Man U. Anyone been lately, is it still good or improved?

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
Owned by the human lion, Dave day.

Nice pub. Done up about yr or two back.

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
I set my still unsurpassed drinking record in there one Saturday night in the early Eighties...

12 pints!

'Lightweight' I hear being shouted!

:p

caesar

Oct 9, 2005
The Eclipse used to have a tidy little firm back in the mid eigthties . Had some good times with those lads.

I think I can remember ALL of the landlords of the Lewes Arms - going back to the sixties. I'm even sort of related to one of them. I don't think any of them have landed up at the Eclipse.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I think I can remember ALL of the landlords of the Lewes Arms - going back to the sixties. I'm even sort of related to one of them.

Related? You should cut back on the beer Ed.

Joe Nobody

Dec 27, 2008
Hove
I think I can remember ALL of the landlords of the Lewes Arms - going back to the sixties. I'm even sort of related to one of them. I don't think any of them have landed up at the Eclipse.

According to an advert in the programme for the Hove Beer Fest. it is run by a guy called Toby Dawson. Formally of the Lewes Arms and Hand in Hand.

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
We used to go back there on Sunday lunch times about 7 years ago after playing for the mighty BHA Utd. Was very Albion friendly in those days. On another drink related note, good to see a few shirts at the Hove Beer festival on Saturday night!

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Used to pop in there for a quick pint at 11am before moving on to the Hove Park Tavern which opened at midday and then on to the Goldstone at 2.55!!

For games such as Leeds it was one of the few pubs that remained open.

I remember it being burnt down as well!!! Also enjoyed a few after match beers there after BHA Utd games.

The supporters club also used to hold its meetings in the room upstairs, not sure if they do now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here