Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The DIY orange and black away top

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I meant to say Your NOT buying a plain Toffs shirt and sowing a badge on, you are buying an official Toffs shirt from Toffs.

Oh, you mean "you're", as in "you are"!!

But, anyway, no-one here is "buying a plain Toffs shirt and sowing a badge on". I think you're getting confused.

And, as established elsewhere in this thread, there's nothing "official" about many Toffs shirts. They're replicas.

Look at the STATE of this one: http://www.toffs.com/brighton-and-hove-albion-1970s-away-retro-football-shirt

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

But, anyway, no-one here is "buying a plain Toffs shirt and sowing a badge on". I think you're getting confused.

And, as established elsewhere in this thread, there's nothing "official" about many Toffs shirts. They're replicas.

Look at the STATE of this one: http://www.toffs.com/brighton-and-hove-albion-1970s-away-retro-football-shirt

Apart from the lack of Adidas branding, that's not too far from an Albion shirt...

whitebcalshirt1.jpg

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea

Oh my god, this is getting tiresome.

You were saying is my logic that Toffs are not considered authentic because they where not bought from the Albion shop.

Like I said, I stated no they are indeed authentic because they where bought from an official channel, they arnt 'a plain Toffs shirt with a badge sown on' like your orange kit.

Anyways this subject has been beaten to death, enjoy wearing your orange kit with great pride.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
You are right. See here:
http://thegoldstonewrap.com/2013/07/14/club-colours-1998/

There does not exist any Albion team photograph with two adjacent dark stripes.

That picture in your link is from the book [MENTION=268]Superphil[/MENTION] mentions.
I have just looked Tim Carders Seagulls book and I can't see a kit like the Toffs picture, I know the pics are black and white.
Also Brighton & Hove Albion Miscellany by Paul Camiillin has no mention of a blue and red kit.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
That picture in your link is from the book [MENTION=268]Superphil[/MENTION] mentions.
I have just looked Tim Carders Seagulls book and I can't see a kit like the Toffs picture, I know the pics are black and white.
Also Brighton & Hove Albion Miscellany by Paul Camiillin has no mention of a blue and red kit.

It's one of the myths that have been passed from generation to generation, along with how the Albion were nicknamed the Shrimps, how we formed in 1900 etc.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Oh my god, this is getting tiresome.

You were saying is my logic that Toffs are not considered authentic because they where not bought from the Albion shop.

Like I said, I stated no they are indeed authentic because they where bought from an official channel, they arnt 'a plain Toffs shirt with a badge sown on' like your orange kit.

Anyways this subject has been beaten to death, enjoy wearing your orange kit with great pride.

You know, I think you've completely missed the point that the orange shirt in this thread is from Nike, Albion's official kit manufacturer... lol

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
It's one of the myths that have been passed from generation to generation, along with how the Albion were nicknamed the Shrimps, how we formed in 1900 etc.

I wonder if anyone has bought that Toffs Red/Blue kit and I have often thought why did Toffs produce that shirt.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I wonder if anyone has bought that Toffs Red/Blue kit and I have often thought why did Toffs produce that shirt.

I imagine Toffs just got their information from the Bob Bickerton book. It was probably the only football kits book around when Toffs started out...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here