Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Development Centre

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Having been inside on business and to quite a few other training grounds, I can tell you that it’s at least the equal of Arsenal, Chelsea and Southampton and absolutely wipes the floor with Palace, West Ham and the rest of the clubs in the south. The exception is Tottenham, who built theirs later. That is probably the best club training ground in the country, behind only St George’s Park.

The point is not only that it has enabled us to have a category 1 academy but that it is also an elite-level workplace for the first team, which can make a difference when attracting players. Obviously money and coaching play a part but facilities matter too.

Have you been to Leicesters and Liverpools? I believe they were both built after ours. By all accounts Leicester went big on there’s and well I assume Liverpools is world class.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
If you nip up for a waft of fresh air in the Tiger Moth you'll see it before you're over the railway line

Or walk the dog along the river bank and you can see shooting practice under the floodlights, its like a driving range at night :lolol:

You can see the shooting from the river bank ? Is Ulloa the shooting coach :wink:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
From the bumpy pitches and 1970’s changing bungalow at Sussex Uni …..

…. to producing £50m Ben White.

You seem to be getting the American Express Elite Football Performance Centre muddled up with an eccentric Argentine football manager who has a curious relationship with upturned buckets.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Have you been to Leicesters and Liverpools? I believe they were both built after ours. By all accounts Leicester went big on there’s and well I assume Liverpools is world class.

I haven’t been to those, which is why I talked mostly about the south. But I’ve heard that Leicester have pushed the boat out somewhat, and the virtual tour of the new Liverpool facility does look pretty amazing. No doubt Newcastle will be trying to top everyone else. Their present place is very average.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Went there once when junior played there……….absolutely blown away. It’s incredible (and that was before the latest developments).
I managed to have a tour around Lancing training centre about 2019 and like you said absolutely blown away.. I wanted to have a kick around on the indoor pitch but was told better not but I did walk on it and touch the posts. Things you do when you hero worship.
:rolleyes:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Shouldn’t be too hard if you’ve got a spare hour. From memory, they were mostly from the Oscar and Sami eras with moans about us sticking to FFP regs of the time and the investment not going where it mattered, with speculation that we had to sell Bridcutt to cover the shortfall for the training facilities. All very short sighted.

There was also a rediculous theory implied that TB had invested in the Albion and built the Amex just as a back door to getting a hotel built at Falmer.

I know he was only messing about (well, sort of messting about) but the well-known poster (who stopped posting a couple of years ago) who was always droning on about Dick 'Tight' and our lack of investment used to get absolutely on my tits.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Not sure they do tours but if you go to an u23 game you get a good sense of the scale and size of the facilities as you have to walk from the car park past a lot of the pitches/ buildings/indoor pitches/the new womens extension etc to get to the mini U23 stand/pitch.

And since covid happened the place has gotten even bigger with about 3 extra pitches along the eastern side of the grounds. So it’s even more impressive than you’d remember it!

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
It's the way TB is. He's not Mel Morris. He looks how he can make BHAFC a long term, sustainable, top 10 PL club and so builds from the bottom up, an infrastructure and way of doing things differently for a smaller club like us.

He invests in a top ground and then a top training facility with a brilliant DS set up rather than spunking millions on quick fix players to keep us in the PL.

How many millions have Fulham, Muff, Massive, even Swansea and Derby - just to name a few - chucked (gambled) at trying to stay or get back in the PL . No. TB does it differently with a clear objective and route to it in mind.

And he's ours. :albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here